FORUMS: list search recent posts

Upload video to Youtube from command line

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jos Brouwer
Upload video to Youtube from command line
on Aug 22, 2014 at 2:10:45 pm

Hi,

i’m setting up a workflow like square box’s tutorial.
http://www.squarebox.com/uploading-to-youtube/

Everything works fine!
My command looks like this: /opt/local/bin/google youtube post $i --summary ${NT} --title ${U26} --category ${U31} --access ${U28} --tags ${U27}

But we’re managing multiple Youtube channels for our costumers.
My question is: Can i execute a command and login into different youtube channels using different worker actions?
i’ve tried many things like putting —user and —password in front of the service in my case Youtube.

like this:
/opt/local/bin/google —owner (owner) —password (my password) youtube post $i --summary ${NT} --title ${U26} --category ${U31} --access ${U28} --tags ${U27}

/opt/local/bin/google —user (user) —password (my password) youtube post $i --summary ${NT} --title ${U26} --category ${U31} --access ${U28} --tags ${U27}

/opt/local/bin/google —user:password youtube post $i --summary ${NT} --title ${U26} --category ${U31} --access ${U28} --tags ${U27}

/opt/local/bin/google —owner (owner) youtube post $i --summary ${NT} --title ${U26} --category ${U31} --access ${U28} --tags ${U27}

With the latest command it wil open my browser and i’ve to login, the worker gives this notification:
dyld: DYLD_ environment variables being ignored because main executable (/usr/bin/osascript) is code signed with entitlements

When i login i’ve to give googlecl permission. But nothing happens afterwards.
Is there a way to make it work?

Thanks for suggestions,
Jos Brouwer

Return to posts index

bryson jones
Re: Upload video to Youtube from command line
on Aug 22, 2014 at 6:17:18 pm
Last Edited By bryson jones on Aug 22, 2014 at 6:18:05 pm

We've never set this one up, so NSA may not be of much help, but know that this error is most likely due to OS X security. (Are you on 10.8?)

I believe it's related to one of your libraries not being installed in the default path, or at least what someone thinks is the default. But I need to grab one of our dev guys to confirm.

bryson

bryson "at" northshoreautomation.com

northshoreautomation.com

Return to posts index

Jos Brouwer
on Aug 22, 2014 at 6:38:37 pm

Hi Bryson,

thanks for your reply.
Yes we are running 10.8 and this error just appears when i try to login with a username authorized by googlecl. like this:

/opt/local/bin/google —owner (owner) youtube post $i --summary ${NT} --title ${U26} --category ${U31} --access ${U28} --tags ${U27}

when i deleted the "--owner" it's the command squarebox use and it works only in 1 account.
Do you think it's possible to use this setup and be able to upload to different accounts, of course specified by different worker actions?

Jos Brouwer

Return to posts index

bryson jones
on Aug 22, 2014 at 7:12:22 pm

Ok, word from Devs.

When you set up the Google auth, it had to save the credentials in the environment path, so in order to send additional credentials you'll likely have to set up multiple virtual environments for the Google app to run, then call each of them from a separate WN action.

I'd love to know if this is something that the CatDV world at large is doing a lot. If so, we might take it on and productize a more formal Google/YouTube workflow.

A couple of years back we wrote an app that uploads, receives confirmation of the transfer, and even writes the clip YouTube URL back to the CatDV Server. We could start from that and maybe build it up if there's a market beyond one guy in the NL. ;)

Good luck man, looks like you are pretty close.

bryson

northshoreautomation.com

Return to posts index

Jos Brouwer
on Aug 22, 2014 at 7:37:06 pm

Yes i’ve to figure it out,

i’ve tried different things to create multiple Googlecl environment with different credentials.
But there’s a lot of reading to do and figuring out what’s you can do with the youtube API.
i’m just beginning. But i dropped this question also with Squarebox, hopefully they can get me on track.
At the moment i use Squeeze to do the work, only it would be nice to past the metadata back and forth.
Also i’ve read your answer to a poste of Katie Lowson also questioning about Youtube, and then at the time it was interesting already.
For us our workflow is getting more delivering content to the costumers Youtube channel and organize it for them.
Also shoot it and edit it, but the delivering part en be able to monitor it, is getting more important.

Thanks for your replay,
Jos Brouwer

Return to posts index

Jos Brouwer
on Aug 24, 2014 at 12:41:08 pm
Last Edited By Jos Brouwer on Aug 24, 2014 at 6:02:54 pm

Hi Bryson,

you were right i was close!
i did it! everything works as I referred.
But i've got a question, if i upload a video with the same script in my terminal i get a YouTube URL back, like this:

Login to Youtube API: email='*******@gmail.com', password='********'
Install pycurl to upload the video using HTTP
Start upload using basic gdata API: /Users/admin/Desktop/test2.mov

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=*******

When i upload with the worker i've checked "parse output" but how can i put the data "URL" in a User field?

Thanks,
Regards
Jos Brouwer

Return to posts index

bryson jones
on Aug 26, 2014 at 12:09:30 am

That's one for Squarebox, we take the process out into our own app.

You might want to write this as a shell script and then just call it from the Worker Node. If you did that, you could write the URL back into the db using the Worker Node's command line interface and it would probably be far easier to troubleshoot as you could set up your own error logging etc.

bryson

northshoreautomation.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]