FORUMS: list search recent posts

(Various) tag in Notes field

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Shields
(Various) tag in Notes field
on Aug 19, 2014 at 5:34:54 pm

I'm not sure if this is a glitch in CatDV or I'm doing something wrong. We have the latest version of CatDV Server. In my tab I have a Multiline text field called Notes. If I select a few clips and add a tag in the notes field, then try to add additional tags to the note field, it wipes out what was tagged there before and simply adds the word (Various). When I search for one of the tags that should be in Various, the don't appear. Sometimes it will even transfer a tags to a clip when multiples are selected. What's happening here? There has to be a way to add other tags to multiple clips that doesn't fit our existing user defined fields. See example.

Return to posts index

bryson jones
Re: (Various) tag in Notes field
on Aug 19, 2014 at 5:52:05 pm

Hey there,

I'm not sure text fields in CatDV can be appended to in that way. Whatever you write is overwritten generally.

Example if you have 3 records with:

in them, if you select them, they will show (Various) meaning that there are various values in that field. If you select all and type "4" then all of those records will show "4" as the value.

If you'd like to do this, make a multi-grouping and then you can append, or use the CLI which allows you to append to a field.

bryson

bryson "at" northshoreautomation.com

northshoreautomation.com

Return to posts index

Craig Shields
Re: (Various) tag in Notes field
on Aug 19, 2014 at 6:38:07 pm

Ok, thanks for the feedback. I guess I will just add another multi-grouping field.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]