FORUMS: list search recent posts

Client Proxy creation causes beach ball / locks up

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Will Duncan
Client Proxy creation causes beach ball / locks up
on Jun 12, 2014 at 6:43:20 pm

I have a large laundry list of proxies to create, the worker node has been churning for days. Whenever I attempt to create proxies from a local client, CatDV pops up the Build Proxy dialog box and then beach balls and freezes.

I've let it run for a long period of time and it never comes out of beach ball.

Any ideas where to start troubleshooting? I upgraded from 10.1.0 to 10.1.1 but I'm assuming it's a bigger problem than that.

Return to posts index

Will Duncan
Re: Client Proxy creation causes beach ball / locks up
on Jun 12, 2014 at 7:11:58 pm

I'm on OS X 10.8.5, if that helps.

Return to posts index

bryson jones
Re: Client Proxy creation causes beach ball / locks up
on Jun 13, 2014 at 6:09:08 pm

Can you check this on a short clip like 10 seconds?

I jokingly call the "beachball" the "spinning wheel of progress" in Java apps.

While you may have a quicktime issue or something like a slow network connection, you should know that the status bars often don't update in a progressive manner.

For instance, a 10 minute clip will have a spinning wheel and no progress bar movement and then it will magically complete.

A 1 hour proxy job will sometimes show no change for an hour and then be done. CatDV Pro will show as locked or "not responding" but not actually be crashed.

So first test with a very short clip and you will see if it's just reporting slowly or actually failing.

Next step, try to make proxy to a local location or export the clip from the file menu to make sure that the basic export function is working, before adding the proxy side of things.

bryson

bryson "at" northshoreautomation.com

northshoreautomation.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]