FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using Catdv server 6.8.2 with external tomcat server problem (mac os 10.8.3)

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sercan Sert
Using Catdv server 6.8.2 with external tomcat server problem (mac os 10.8.3)
on May 15, 2014 at 1:14:31 pm

Hi,

I want to use external tomcat server for ssl encryption but i cant make server setup..

* i installed tomcat 7 and its working.. terminal says that
* in the server setup wizard menu and web server tab i choose external tomcat and there is an install path bar which is empty.do i have to fill it manually? i filled it like /usr/local/tomcat... and clicked on start tomcat.there was an error message 'unable to locate tomcat startup script'
* and when i clicked 'install/update web client' button it says 'unable to copy catdv2.war to webapps directory'
* i read some posts in here and some replies say manually copy the .war file to Tomcat folder.but i dont know what is catdv2.war file and cant find it.

waiting for your comments, thanks..

Return to posts index

Matthew Stamos
Re: Using Catdv server 6.8.2 with external tomcat server problem (mac os 10.8.3)
on May 15, 2014 at 11:06:44 pm

Here are a couple links that should get you back on track! Specifically look at the second link as it speaks to externally installed Tomcat.

http://www.squarebox.com/live-html-publisher-installation-o-apache-tomcat/

http://www.squarebox.com/advanced-tomcat/

Return to posts index

bryson jones
Re: Using Catdv server 6.8.2 with external tomcat server problem (mac os 10.8.3)
on May 16, 2014 at 11:17:09 pm

Sorry, I missed this one.

The catdv2.war is stored in /usr/local/catdvServer on the mac os.

If you don't have that file for some reason and are familiar with examining packages, you can manually pull the catdv2.war file out of the server installer.

View the package contents for the "Install CatDV Server.mpkg"and then expand the "Archive.pax.gz" file inside.

That will give you a folder called "Archive2" where you can navigate to:

Archive 2/usr/local/catdvServer/catdv2.war

Copy that to wherever you need it.

bryson

bryson "at" northshoreautomation.com

northshoreautomation.com

Return to posts index

Sercan Sert
on May 17, 2014 at 11:16:38 am

Thanks to both of you.. i think i'll solve the problem when i find the .war file ..thanks for the file location bryson

Return to posts index

Sercan Sert
on May 19, 2014 at 10:18:04 am

Yeap i found catdv2.war file and copied on tomcat webapps folder..but cant start tomcat on webserver tab.. "unable to locate tomcat startup script" message again..i have to create a csr code for ssl, and i think i have to use external tomcat server, am i right? Or there is another way to create csr code?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]