FORUMS: list search recent posts

Successfully sending clip from CatDV to Premiere Pro CC?

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Shookla
Successfully sending clip from CatDV to Premiere Pro CC?
on Apr 23, 2014 at 2:26:40 pm

Hello,

I believe another member, Jack, started a thread at the beginning of the year about this same issue he was having, but no solutions were found. Creating this new thread to shed a little more light on it since we all have recently been diving more in to Premiere in our office.

Basically, after I change the setting in preferences (from CS6 --> CC), I go to right click on a clip --> Export As --> Send To Premiere CC... then nothing happens.

I know you can just drag & drop a clip from CatDV straight into Premiere. However, when we have to send a metaclip from CatDV (such as native P2 camera footage), that method does not work.

On a related note, I've noticed that the drag & drop also does not work on subclips created in CatDV (you get the hand icon with a NO symbol when you try hover the clip over to Premiere).

For a temp fix we have just been exporting XMLs of the files that I can not directly send from CatDV to Premiere, which is good and dandy, but has anyone managed to get the "Send to Premiere CC" option to work correctly?

Sent this to square box support, but thought I'd post here as well.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Nick Shookla
Re: SOLVED
on Apr 23, 2014 at 4:21:08 pm

Well.. it was quite an easy fix. Support reminded me that I needed "ExtendScript Toolkit CC" installed. I only had the CS6 version installed and never even thought to download the new version from the cloud.

That immediately made the export from CatDV to Premiere functional :-)

Return to posts index

Matthew Stamos
Re: SOLVED
on Apr 23, 2014 at 10:04:41 pm

Thanks for the update Nick!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]