FORUMS: list search recent posts

Incorrect Info about CatDV and BRU solution integration

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Jones
Incorrect Info about CatDV and BRU solution integration
on Apr 21, 2014 at 7:59:28 pm

Hi folks,

I needed to clarify the BRU Server / CatDV integration status based on what we're hearing in our sales department -

We've received calls from 1/2 dozen BRU users since NAB indicating that a CatDV reseller has informed them that either they don't know if BRU Server works with CatDV, BRU Server doesn't work well with CatDV. or BRU Server does not work with CatDV.

All three of these are simply invalid statements. To make this clear - BRU Server is completely integrated within CatDV via the DAX Broadcast Archive plugin and middleware solution to a degree that the user never needs to leave the CatDV desktop interface to fully archive assets to tape, purge verified assets from local storage, and restore assets from tape. Everything is done right from within CatDV desktop with simple mouse clicks.

Maybe this level of transparency is part of the confusion since we don't have external windows that pop up or requirements that the user interact with the BRU Server backup console.

If you're looking to add fully verified archival and purge management to your CatDV infrastructure, BRU Server is fully integrated and supported.

Tim
--
Tim Jones
CTO - TOLIS Group, Inc.
http://www.productionbackup.com
BRU ... because it's the RESTORE that matters!

Return to posts index

bryson jones
Re: Incorrect Info about CatDV and BRU solution integration
on Apr 21, 2014 at 10:19:26 pm

I might add that Kevin Duggan, Keys (from Dax) and I were noting at NAB that this was in fact, the first archive product to work with CatDV.

I think the confusion comes in that BRU alone doesn't integrate and that you need the Dax software in order to use it. Similar to how several other software systems (Atempo, Archiware etc.) don't integrate directly either, you need software to connect them to CatDV. But using that measure, no solutions are "compatible."

Some people don't realize that Dax is using BRU.

bryson

bryson "at" northshoreautomation.com

northshoreautomation.com

Return to posts index

Tim Jones
Re: Incorrect Info about CatDV and BRU solution integration
on Apr 22, 2014 at 12:30:10 am

"I think the confusion comes in that BRU alone doesn't integrate and that you need the Dax software in order to use it. "

... and that is why we sell the BRU Server / DAX package as a single item when combining BRU Server with CatDV. In fact, it's also why we now sell the whole package (CatDV / DAX BA / BRU Server) as a solution rather than making users suss out the parts to make it work.

BTW - thanks for clarify the BRU Server / DAX / CatDV for others.

Tim
--
Tim Jones
CTO - TOLIS Group, Inc.
http://www.productionbackup.com
BRU ... because it's the RESTORE that matters!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]