FORUMS: list search recent posts

Server IP Change

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dennis Lisonbee
Server IP Change
on Mar 28, 2014 at 12:46:53 am

We moved our Catdv Server to a new IP address (faster subnet) After moving it took time to get the server to start up. Finally the Server started and began working, but the status light is RED and says it is running on the old IP address but the URL lists the new IP address. IN other words, everything is working but the status light is RED and lists the old and new IP addresses. Web Client Status is yellow and is working. Database and CatDV Enterprise Server are also yellow.

Return to posts index

John Vaudin
Re: Server IP Change
on Mar 28, 2014 at 9:36:22 am

Sounds like the Control Panel might be having trouble writing to its preferences file. Could you re-run the Control Panel, making sure you are logged in as an admin account, and go through the Setup Wizard and check the IP address is what it should be and hit Apply, just to get it to retry writing the file. Hopefully that will sort it out.
-John

Return to posts index

Scott Goddard
on Mar 28, 2014 at 11:22:54 am

Apart from the display issues, can your clients connect ok?

It's always good to perform a port scan from the client side to ensure that port is open. I have had issues with the port 1099 and other java apps and this did cause some odd behaviors. You connections may be getting through but CatDV Server thinks the ports are conflicted. I would suggest you try setting another port and see if the colored lights change on the settings panel.

Other than that it could be some kind of preference issue as John says.

Scott Goddard

Neo Verite Limited
http://neoverite.com

Return to posts index

Dennis Lisonbee
on Apr 1, 2014 at 7:11:59 pm

We have re-run the wizard many times and tried both ports 1099 and 8080. We are 8080 as that is what the Web Client uses and it is outside our firewall.

Nothing works. Server Connection Fails. Red Dot.

Talkin' bout film is like dancing about architecture.

Return to posts index

Scott Goddard
on Apr 1, 2014 at 7:31:34 pm

Try changing the ports in the config and see if you get green. Then you will know if you have a port conflict.. normally rmi-registry related.

Scott Goddard

Neo Verite Limited
http://neoverite.com

Return to posts index

Dennis Lisonbee
on Apr 1, 2014 at 8:02:04 pm

I changed from port 1099 to 8080 and still have the problem. If I close the control panel and open it back up it will revert to post 10999.

The server is actually working, but says it is not working but says "server connection failed'

Return to posts index

John Vaudin
on Apr 1, 2014 at 8:15:49 pm

In terms of ports there are two separate ports. The CatDV desktop application connects via RMI to port 1099 and the Web Client (and other HTTP based clients like the iOS Apps, Premiere plug-in etc.) connect with HTTP on port 8080 by default. I wouldn't change 1099 to 8080 that would probably cause confusion.

It does appear that there is currently a problem on Mavericks with the Control Panel persisting its settings. We are working on fix for this it at the moment, but that might be the problem here. Not that it should actually stop the server working, it will just show up wrong in the control panel.

I would suggest that if you are still having problems that you email support@squarebox.com and we'll investigate further.

Return to posts index

Dennis Lisonbee
on Apr 3, 2014 at 5:16:10 pm

Thanks John,
I emailed support last week with some screen shots, but they have not replied. Since moving to a new IP we are also unable to connect to web client without logging into our VPN first. I'm wondering if Web Client thinks it is attached to the old IP address.

Since this change, I am also noting that CATDV freezes and the "abort" operation button appears. In order to continue we have to abort whatever CATDV is doing.

Return to posts index

John Vaudin
on Apr 4, 2014 at 8:29:48 am

I'm afraid we didn't receive your first email but, as you are aware, your issue is now in the system, and I'm sure our support team will be able to help you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]