FORUMS: list search recent posts

Stale Sessions Error

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Goddard
Stale Sessions Error
on Mar 12, 2014 at 11:31:32 am

Does anyone have experience with problem solving 'stale sessions'? I have not had this issue on local Lan's but attempting to connect internationally (large org, still within it's own domain, different country).

Network speed and stability is good. Occasionally dropping the remote client with the error: 'stale session', even after being connected for a few minutes. I guess this is being prompted by a server disconnect?

Any knowledge here much appreciated.

Scott Goddard

Neo Verite Limited
http://neoverite.com

Return to posts index

bryson jones
Re: Stale Sessions Error
on Mar 12, 2014 at 3:52:12 pm

Man, we haven't seen that over here but we just rolled out a system that's running between NY and LA that's got a user and a worker node connecting between the two over a WAN.

The user hasn't been doing much so I'm not sure how the client is rolling, but the Worker has been online ingesting clips in NY and making and sending proxy to LA for a few weeks with no stale sessions.

Keep us posted on this but can you let us know what the pipe speed is like?

Is it a dedicated line or over the internet (more open?) And are they on the same provider or different ISP?

I think these guys are on 100Mb on the same provider but we have people down as low as 20-30 Mb.

bryson

bryson "at" northshoreautomation.com

northshoreautomation.com

Return to posts index

Scott Goddard
on Mar 13, 2014 at 6:20:55 pm

Hi Bryson, how are you testing real world performance between those two locations? Read / Write test between remote mounts? File transfer speed? Most places claim a pipe of a certain speed but I find they never perform as advertised.

This is a remote client in UK connecting to a server in Switzerland.

Scott Goddard

Neo Verite Limited
http://neoverite.com

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
on Mar 12, 2014 at 10:12:16 pm

I don't recognise that problem of spurious "stale session" errors when connected normally. If possible, can you quit and restart both the CatDV Server and client (to reset the log file and keep the size of the files down), then reproduce the error and send us the log files to support@squarebox.com that show the problem? We'd want both the client and server logs.

Return to posts index

bryson jones
on Mar 13, 2014 at 9:43:52 pm

I've not see that one either, as I said.

Scott, we generally base it on "can the user perform their work?" It's really not a supported config per se, in my mind, but we find that it works for moderate use. The NY to LA folks are just sending 100 clips a day or so to the db and performing mild searches so it works out fine.

We've had another NY to LA client who's run for like 2 years and the NYC guy has never even called for support. Note that both of these are a single user outside the LAN and not doing lots of work.

bryson

bryson "at" northshoreautomation.com

northshoreautomation.com

Return to posts index

Carla Vidal
on Apr 24, 2014 at 10:09:04 am

I am having the same problem for quite a while.

We have a SMB share Mac/PC, CatDV server is in PC and everything works great between pcs clients. In Macs, server connection fails all the time and these STALE SESSION ERROR occur after two minutes of connection. IPs are static and so on.

The issue that triggers our Mac problem ain't probably the same as yours but just in case, I leave this posted here. Also, we are a big organization so there might be some common traces with yours :)

Always good to share knowledge!

Regards

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]