FORUMS: list search recent posts

CatDV Archiving option metadata restricted?

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Goddard
CatDV Archiving option metadata restricted?
on Feb 24, 2014 at 11:55:59 am

Just trying to clarify some issues with the Archiving licensing.

We have several clients. One client has the archiving license. This license is added as additional licenses on that client machine, settings saved to the server. We use this client to write to CacheA's ProCache. Metadata is written back to the database for the following built in fields:

ACHIVE DETAILS ID: ARCHV
ARCHIVE SUMMARY: ARCHS
ARCHIVE TAPE: ARCHT

We notice that these fields are not available to the other client machines connecting to the server. Note this is not a user issue, purely client machine restricted. My question is:

1) Is this the intended behavior? We understand that the license enables us to 'Archive' but we believed that the metadata would be available to all client machines, especially considering this metadata is stored in the database accessible to the server, clients and users.

2) Is the data client restricted? As I understand it from tests the metadata is there on the server but the fields are simply not visible on any client machine that does not have the license?

I find this a little strange. I imagined we were paying for the license to enable 'archiving data' from one client but that the metadata would be accessible to all. I also feel that this could be an issue with how the license was added as 'an additional license' rather than being built into the licensing server under one license.

Any clarification / experience here would be much appreciated.

Scott Goddard

Neo Verite Limited
http://neoverite.com

Return to posts index

Scott Goddard
Re: CatDV Archiving option metadata restricted?
on Feb 24, 2014 at 9:27:45 pm

This appears to be an issue with the way the additional license is added.

Ideally squarebox should give a new 'global' license that includes the archiving option. You can then use this in the licensing server and the archive options will be available to all clients but with only one client to archive at one time.

At present the only way around this is to add that additional license to all of your clients separately.

I feel they could add an additional license entry to the licensing server to get around this issue.

Scott Goddard

Neo Verite Limited
http://neoverite.com

Return to posts index

Dougal Matthews
Re: CatDV Archiving option metadata restricted?
on Feb 25, 2014 at 6:09:08 pm

hi Scott

we are not currently able to support "option licensing" through the license server feature of the CatDV server control panel all options must be applied locally to an individual client using the additional license function of the licensing tool.

I have escalated this to the developers as a Feature Request for consideration for possible inclusion in future releases

thank you Dougal

Improvise Adapt and Overcome

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]