FORUMS: list search recent posts

Watch Folder moving/ingesting files

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Betsy Meacham
Watch Folder moving/ingesting files
on Feb 17, 2014 at 9:10:00 pm

I have set up a watch folder to look for items in a folder called catdv-->ingest-->2014Q2-->photo shoot and then ingest/publish and move them into a folder called catdv--> photos -->2014Q2--> photo shoot. But, instead of ending up in the "photo shoot" folder the items get put into the 2014 Q2 folder. I've included a photo of my pre-processing but, could really use some help on this! Thanks in advance!
Cheers,
Betsy.

Return to posts index

bryson jones
Re: Watch Folder moving/ingesting files
on Feb 18, 2014 at 3:44:16 am

Could you give us some more info on the path? It seems that you are picking up the "enclosing folder" which we don't do a lot (I've never used that myself actually) but it seems like Worker is taking the "enclosing folder" of the ingest/watch folder.

You can test this easily by putting a file directly in the watch and then in a couple of folders deep. If they show the same enclosing folder, you have your answer.

This looks like a good job for some variables. I'd get your integrator to show you how they work. It's a powerful tool. Hope that helps a little.

bryson

bryson "at" northshoreautomation.com

northshoreautomation.com

Return to posts index

Betsy Meacham
on Feb 18, 2014 at 5:14:18 pm

Don't know if this helps but:
It starts here:

Ends here instead of in the 2014Q1 folder

Return to posts index

bryson jones
on Feb 19, 2014 at 3:01:09 am

I tested your action on a Mac worker and it worked as it should.

I put it 2 folders deep in the watch folder.

(watch/grandparent/parent/file)

and the Worker picked it up and moved it into the output folder bringing over the enclosing folder.

(output_folder/parent/file)

I'm wondering if this is a windows issue. As I said, I'd really try to use variables for this as in the long run it's just a better method.

If you chose "expand variables" as an option, these would be the variables you need to put in the destination after the path to your output folder. (These are OS X paths obviously, but it all works in Windows too.)

/path/to/output_folder/$q/$f

$q = parent folder name

$f = file name with extension i.e file.jpg

Be careful and have fun.

But this behavior is potentially a bug that should be reported as well.

bryson

bryson "at" northshoreautomation.com

northshoreautomation.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]