FORUMS: list search recent posts

After effects + catdv

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carla Vidal
After effects + catdv
on Feb 11, 2014 at 11:15:26 am

Do Sequences -from either FCPX or Premiere- only work with video rough cuts? Is it possible to preview sequences containing after effects compositions -I guess not..-? We mainly deal with after effects + video sequences and that would be very interesting for us.

I know it is by XML code but I dont know if it is possible to use this script for translating AEX compositions within a sequence...

Thanks a lot

Return to posts index

Robb Harriss
Re: After effects + catdv
on Feb 11, 2014 at 12:25:43 pm

Rough cuts?
I import such things as motion effects into CatDV as a way of recording their location, and that of their component parts so I can locate them later. That's extremely useful in itself.

Non-linear: all the time and nothing but.

Return to posts index

Carla Vidal
on Feb 11, 2014 at 2:34:55 pm

I see, that is what I initially thought. We naivly believed that it could be possible to use CDV in order to review and aprrove videos with animated effects without them to be exported. Thank you! :)

Return to posts index

Robb Harriss
on Feb 11, 2014 at 3:13:40 pm

You couldn't do that in any way that I can think of. You have to be in AE or in an editing app to see what you're doing, unless you render out your work. And in the case of a piece with lots of layers in any app you can't even see it playing realtime in the native app without some sort of rendering.

I keep a directory with all my renders. That's cataloged in CatDV so I can search/review/and show them to other people.

Return to posts index

Carla Vidal
on Feb 11, 2014 at 4:22:17 pm

And can you review those (rendered) motion effects from a Premiere sequence at CatDV?
I can drag the standalone Ram files into catdv and that is pretty cool, but I'd like to be able to review the whole video/sequence they are part of.
I guess it should not be possible.. unless you replace the After Effects compositions by the render mov files in the premire sequence? is it possible?

Return to posts index

Robb Harriss
on Feb 11, 2014 at 4:25:22 pm

I'm not following you exactly. But I'm talking about rendering out a sequence and saving it just as an MP4, or MOV or what have you. It's sits in CatDV just any other video, but it's referring to the motion graphic or any other kind of sequence. But it's a video rather than a thumbnail representing the "finished" result of the animation/graphics file. It's just for reference.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]