FORUMS: list search recent posts

Creating New Production Group

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Strand
Creating New Production Group
on Feb 6, 2014 at 3:32:06 pm

I was wondering if anyone has created or knows of a screencapture tutorial on best practices for creating a new production group? We typically log into one production group, then create a new production group and copy the settings from the one we're currently logged into. Then it gets a bit confusing user fields and the Preferences > Field Definitions > Field definitions Set area.

Basically looking for a step by step on best practices from all the gurus on here.

Thanks guys! Eric

@ericstrand11

Return to posts index

bryson jones
Re: Creating New Production Group
on Feb 7, 2014 at 3:12:04 am

Eric, because this is permissions related, I really recommend you go to the source and get help from a dealer, Squarebox Support or JB&A.

Creating a Production Group is easy, as are Roles, but as you've already seen, because the settings of the app are tied to the Production Group, it's not really a quick-start kind of thing to address. (Also the sheer number of preferences is mind boggling. After 7 years on the app I'm still unclear on some of them myself.)

If you don't have any support or a way to get it, then create 2 production groups, 2 roles and 2 users and start testing. When we train users on CatDV, we introduce Production Group/permissions concepts, cover them 2-3 times in training and then still let the client test for a few days to weeks before really locking things down.

This is a part of the app that's so powerful and important that it bears some discovery time. With that power, comes responsibility.

If you have some specific questions, shoot them up here and we'll try our best to address them.

bryson

bryson "at" northshoreautomation.com

northshoreautomation.com

Return to posts index

Eric Strand
Re: Creating New Production Group
on Feb 7, 2014 at 8:52:15 pm

Thanks Bryson, I thought I figured it out when we first bought CatDV but then a colleague took the project over and does it a different way. The "Field Definitions Set" in the preferences seems to be one of the most important parts to get.

@ericstrand11

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]