FORUMS: list search recent posts

Reuters/AP XML Files

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fraser Callum
Reuters/AP XML Files
on Jan 28, 2014 at 5:53:43 pm

Hi all,

I am trying out CatDV at the moment to see if it'll work for a bigger project.
I want to import the XML metadata files that come with AP/Reuters video files, CatDV does not seem to import them. Just giving me an error and telling me to try to 'Import as...'. Which doesn't work either.

I have ticked the option to load sidecar files when importing clips.
Is it simply a case that the AP/Reuters files are not compatible? I'm pretty sure I've had someone tell me they are at a demonstration somewhere.
Not had a lot of experience with CatDV so apologies if I have missed something obvious.

Many thanks for any help

Return to posts index

bryson jones
Re: Reuters/AP XML Files
on Jan 28, 2014 at 6:04:41 pm

You may need to use an XSLT to transform the XMLs on the way in. (All sorts of things could be incompatible.)

If you've got the experience, it's pretty simple. Additionally, some US CatDV dealers offer XSLTs as a line item.

If you want to test manually to see how it would work, export an XML from CatDV of an asset and change the fields using the info from the Reuters XML. It should come right in. From there you can plan your XSLT.

bryson

bryson "at" northshoreautomation.com

northshoreautomation.com

Return to posts index

bryson jones
on Jan 28, 2014 at 6:14:03 pm

Also, could you post a sample XML here? We'd be happy to test on other systems and confirm that they work for you.

bryson

northshoreautomation.com

Return to posts index

Fraser Callum
on Jan 29, 2014 at 8:44:12 pm

Hey,

Thanks for the quick reply. I wasn't able to test any further today but I'm attaching an XML from Reuters.
Maybe it'll shed some light on my troubles.

Thank you

7069_perxmasdogs20131215q.xml.zip

Return to posts index

bryson jones
on Jan 30, 2014 at 8:10:14 pm

Fraser, this XML doesn't include a path or any way to link it to a single file.

If I'm correct, you are looking to use one of the files listed in this XML (There are HD & SD versions as well as a thumbnail jpg. in the doc.)

You'd need to do an XSLT to convert this into a readable format for CatDV and import the metadata but that's very do-able and very common in broadcast workflows.

bryson

northshoreautomation.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]