FORUMS: list search recent posts

clip status

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carla Vidal
clip status
on Jan 28, 2014 at 2:40:43 pm

Would any of you know why the different "Clip status" already set in CatDV Client are not carried out to Web Client? It is not available neither in main homepage nor when Editing smart folders.

Does it has to do with Worker Node configuration?

Thank you a lot guys

Return to posts index

bryson jones
Re: clip status
on Jan 28, 2014 at 5:30:10 pm

Carla,

We generally create our own "status" fields. Also the idea of one status is something of a misnomer. We find that 2, 3 or more "status" fields are necessary, along with a status log field for each so that you can track what happened.

If you use "clip status" and the status changes a few times and in different ways, it's very hard to troubleshoot. By using a status for each move or action you can track an asset through your workflow.

The side effect is that you can control how and where the "status" is used.

The built in Clip Status field is commonly used by the Worker and so your data can get replaced without you realizing it.

bryson

bryson "at" northshoreautomation.com

northshoreautomation.com

Return to posts index

Carla Vidal
on Jan 29, 2014 at 8:45:57 am

I do have my own clip status fields (i.e. Send to Ruth/ Send to X/ Approved, etc), but can't see them on Web Client and, therefore, we can't use this incredible CatDV functionality.

clipstatus_client.png

What I understand from what you say is that this has to be fix from Worker Node, isnt it? I would like to be able to search by Clip Status.

Thank you Bryan

Return to posts index

bryson jones
on Jan 29, 2014 at 6:40:47 pm

Then this is not a matter of not seeing the USER fields in the web client, or at least not being able to map them.

So the Squarebox guys have this clearly documented, this is not that the CatDV default "Status" field is not showing, it's that a USER field named "clip status" doesn't appear to be mapping.

One last question, (actually 2) do your other user fields map correctly and are you clear on how to manage the layouts for the Web Client?

bryson

bryson "at" northshoreautomation.com

northshoreautomation.com

Return to posts index

Carla Vidal
on Feb 11, 2014 at 10:22:03 am

Hi Bryson

You're totally right. I sent it to our IT team to map all our user fields and hope it now works. I do not have access to web server, that is why sometimes my questions are obvious for you guys.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]