FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cat dv proxie with multiple tracks

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gilberto Mendez Treviño
Cat dv proxie with multiple tracks
on Jan 10, 2014 at 11:08:07 pm

Hello.

I have a video with obviusly the normal audio track and there's also an additional audio track (intercom, wich is the audio track of the producers talking to each other). Then, with catdv worker node, i need to make a proxie, but i don't know the settings for the transcoding process to separate the audio tracks, then with a good media player like VLC, choose the audio track i want to hear.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

bryson jones
Re: Cat dv proxie with multiple tracks
on Jan 11, 2014 at 1:45:39 am

Hi there,

You would need to use another application such as Episode that supports audio track mapping. I don't believe the Worker can remap audio tracks.

I believe you just get tracks one and two by default.

bryson

bryson "at" northshoreautomation.com

northshoreautomation.com

Return to posts index

Gilberto Mendez Treviño
on Jan 11, 2014 at 2:04:34 am

Thanks for your answer.

According to CatDV's support webpage:

"CatDV 10 includes the following changes:

-New “Slate” look and feel.
-New pluggable exporter framework to support transcoding using different media libraries.
-Improved QuickTime exporter, with better control over frame size, ability to specify additional QuickTime annotations (and set these from variables), and ability to add a second audio track with different settings.
-Completely new…"

What does it mean with the ability to add a second audio track with different settings?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Robb Harriss
on Jan 12, 2014 at 8:28:05 pm

I don't get more than those two audio channels. I tired a 5.1 sound effect and that shows up as just a single channel.
The audio popup in the standard player usually gives me two audio channels that I can select on or off. The Protected player gives me a left right slider for a single channel.

Non-linear: all the time and nothing but.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]