FORUMS: list search recent posts

mxf op atom presented to Avid via aaf

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Heagy
mxf op atom presented to Avid via aaf
on Dec 9, 2013 at 7:37:15 pm

I can encoded separate op atom audio and video mxf with Episode. The problem is Avid sees them as independent media. Would the aaf abilities in Pegasus be able to create an aaf that Avid would use to associate the atom files as a single clip?

Return to posts index

John Vaudin
Re: mxf op atom presented to Avid via aaf
on Dec 10, 2013 at 9:48:08 am

I'm sceptical to be honest. Generally, with multi-file MXF formats, all the files in the asset need to have the same UMID. If you've generated separate media files, with different UMIDs, I doubt there is any way to convince Avid they are one asset. But I haven't actually tried it. You can always download the trial copy of Pegasus and give it a go.

Return to posts index

John Heagy
on Dec 13, 2013 at 2:45:20 am

Hi John,

Can Pegasus present a video and audio op atom set to Avid as a single clip assuming proper UMIDs?

John

Return to posts index

John Vaudin
on Dec 13, 2013 at 9:22:32 am

Yes - CatDV will assemble the separate MXF track files into a single multi-track meta-clip based on UMID and then send that as a single clip to Avid via AAF. But, like Avid, it does use the UMIDs to associate the files, so it won't solve your problem if the UMIDs are wrong.

Return to posts index

John Heagy
on Dec 16, 2013 at 4:00:50 pm

Thanks John, seems like Telestream's independent creation of audio and video op atom mxf is next to pointless.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]