FORUMS: list search recent posts

Export multiple assets via a single automation

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Babcock
Export multiple assets via a single automation
on Dec 9, 2013 at 5:25:58 pm

Hi everyone,
I'm working with a new CatDV 10 installation and trying to create a new automation. What I need to do is have a master asset and it's associated files exported. I'd like to do this with a 'send to web' button on the master asset. My users would manually associate them by placing the associated assets UIDs into fields on the master asset.

The part I'm stuck on is how to make Worker Node take a UID from a metadata field and export that file. I'm hoping someone one here might have done something like this before and wouldn't mind pointing me in the right direction. I'm guessing this will involve a little bit of scripting?

Or let me know if I'm thinking about it in totally the wrong way :(

Thanks for the help everyone!

Return to posts index

bryson jones
Re: Export multiple assets via a single automation
on Dec 9, 2013 at 6:39:34 pm

Hey there,

I'm not sure how to do this via the GUI. I'll think about it a bit and see if something hits me.

If you were doing it with outside scripting (You could probably just do it in the shell) I'd have the "send to web" pull the UIDs from those fields and set a flag on each of those assets through the Worker CLI. Then you could have a simple server query that watches for the "export" flag and does the action.

bryson

bryson "at" northshoreautomation.com

northshoreautomation.com

Return to posts index

Matt Babcock
Re: Export multiple assets via a single automation
on Dec 9, 2013 at 6:42:38 pm

I was hoping for a GUI option but purely because I don't have a ton of experience scripting. I'm pretty adept at modifying scripts but not so much at creating them. But I am glad to know I'm not crazy for thinking that this should be doable.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]