FORUMS: list search recent posts

Set a Poster Frame on Import or later using CLI, Worker, Batch XML

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Leonid Nekrasov
Set a Poster Frame on Import or later using CLI, Worker, Batch XML
on Sep 26, 2013 at 10:38:13 am

Hi everybody,

I searched the Forum for similar problems, but could not find any working solution. Maybe we can figure it out together.

When I import a Clip using the Batch XML or update the information of an existing clip I would like to parse the Information for the Poster Frame. But studying the CLI Doku and the new Worker Variables, I could not find any way to do it. I could also imagine to update the Poster after I have imported the Clip, but as I sad I could not find the right syntax for the CLI.

I cannot use CatDV Pro for this purpose (Press "P"), because the clips will be proceeded automatically and will be forwarded to our online video database in the background.

I can export the poster, but I cannot provide a jpeg file or change the timecode for a poster frame for a existing file in a database.

This is what I have already tested:

CatDV XMl File:

<P2>0:00:12:00</P2>
<POSTER>0:00:12:00</POSTER>
<POSTER>/Volumes/test.jpeg</POSTER>
<P3>0:00:12:00</P3>
<P1>0:00:12:00</P1>

CLI

catdv -query .... -set P1="/Volumes/test.jpeg"
catdv -query .... -set P1="0:00:12:00"

also doesn't work with P2 or POSTER fields.

Is it anyhow possible to set the poster using the Worker or the CLI on any stage of file processing?

Thanks and Regards
Leo

LinkedIn: http://goo.gl/CPSnl

Return to posts index

bryson jones
Re: Set a Poster Frame on Import or later using CLI, Worker, Batch XML
on Sep 26, 2013 at 3:57:43 pm

This cannot currently be done. We have a client that has requested it as well. We extract them for Approval-Q using an external clip but it would be great to either do what you ask or let us attach a still as a thumbnail.

bryson

bryson "at" northshoreautomation.com

northshoreautomation.com

Return to posts index

Leonid Nekrasov
on Sep 27, 2013 at 7:32:36 am

so you import the jpeg as an extra asset in to the catalog? this is an interesting, but also a kind of roundabout way ))

@Squarebox: Please make it on your list for the next release ;)

I think now, when more and more users want to link the database with the Webclient or any other Web Interface, it becomes very important to have a better control about the assets, that will be used for the Web presentation. Poster, Title and Keywords are the most often used assets of a videoclip to deliver to any web video platform.

Regards
Leo

LinkedIn: http://goo.gl/CPSnl

Return to posts index

bryson jones
on Sep 30, 2013 at 10:54:21 pm

We actually don't retain the thumbnail in the CatDV side at all, only in the external web system.

In CatDV, they must be set manually.

bryson

bryson "at" northshoreautomation.com

northshoreautomation.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]