Hi, we are looking for a technical engineer with MacOS/Server/CatDV expertise to assess, support, maintain and customize our CatDV Pro environment.This is a freelance/contractor position based at our MOX studio in Hollywood.
Who are we? Remember when MTV actually played music? We do. MOX is what MTV would be if it launched in 2013: an online interactive music television channel. We redefine the music video experience by offering both a lean back 24/7 live stream as well as a deep archive of content to discover and share. With studios in both Hollywood and Manhattan, MOX brings the latest music videos, news, interviews, festival coverage, studio sessions, and original episodic programming to hungry music fans on any connected device.
MOX production overview
We curate a 24 hour playlist on a daily basis that can be viewed on MOX.tv.
● Playlist contains videos such as: music videos from labels, MOX produced interviews and artist
profile, Bumpers, documentaries...etc.
● Videos are also available on demand via search or a unique url (example:http://mox.tv/video/moxbus-anjunabeats-miami13)
● All videos produced by MOX and videos from 3rd parties are QCed, prepared, ingested at our MOX
facility in Los Angeles.
● 3rd party videos can be received via FTP or Harddrive.
● Videos are QCed, preped using Final Cut X
● Videos are ingested and metadata entered via CatDV Pro
MOX is looking for a contractor to support our needs in a phased approach. Below is a nonexhaustive list of requirements. MOX is a young startup and looking for
the most cost effective solution to fit our needs in flexible and scalable manner. Below is a breakdown of services required in order of importance.
1. Assess the environment:
b. normalize network access, login, passwords
c. train three team members on the overall CatDV system for basic level internal support and
2. 24/5 “on call” remote support for issues that MOX team could not resolve from training (2)
3. Update MacOS, server, CatDV licenses as needed
4. Update CatDV database of additional fields and subsequent scripts that interface with our AmazonS3/ECS environment
Please contact me at GMAN at MOX dot TV if you are the right profile for this!