FORUMS: list search recent posts

Monetizing CatDV

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rich Rubasch
Monetizing CatDV
on Aug 1, 2013 at 5:29:30 pm

Hi all....how many of you have found a way to monetize your CatDV investment with clients...figuring out a way to add a line item to an invoice or other means. Or are most of you simply using it internally for your own footage, as an in-house corporate media department might.

Thoughts?

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media Inc.
Video Production, Post, Studio Sound Stage
Founder/President/Editor/Designer/Animator
http://www.tiltmedia.com

Return to posts index

Tim Jones
Re: Monetizing CatDV
on Aug 1, 2013 at 6:20:15 pm

Just a thought, but if you're using the Web Client to allow remote review / approval, have you considered listing it as "Remote Process Review Access" or such?

Tim
--
Tim Jones
CTO - TOLIS Group, Inc.
http://www.productionbackup.com
BRU ... because it's the RESTORE that matters!

Return to posts index

bryson jones
on Aug 6, 2013 at 2:51:09 am

If you'd like to hear some of our specific case studies, reach out, but I'll post a couple anonymously here.

We have 3 post companies (1 small and 2 very large) using CatDV and our product Approval-Q to deliver billable services.

1 uses it for client review and approval and the other 2 use CatDV to catalog and archive assets (one to LTO via Cache-A and one to spinning disk) and then make the catalogs available via web so that the client can search for and request assets when needed. We are about to add a cart for the largest company so that clients can request transcoding operations right from the interface.

We are currently consulting with a service provider to a Fortune 500 company who intend to design a system using CatDV as the backend to collect, tag and share via web the marketing and communication assets that the company generates and don't want to manage themselves.

I believe that these sorts of services will only continue to grow in popularity and CatDV can make the start up investment much smaller than traditional "big iron" DAMs.

I'm sure there are tons of stories that you'll get on here as well. Let's hear from some of you.

bryson

bryson "at" northshoreautomation.com

northshoreautomation.com

Return to posts index

Tim Jones
on Aug 6, 2013 at 4:49:22 pm

I believe that these sorts of services will only continue to grow in popularity and CatDV can make the start up investment much smaller than traditional "big iron" DAMs.

Bryson is very correct about this. And, one thing that separates CatDV from other solutions is its ability to deal with far more than just media clips.

Tim
--
Tim Jones
CTO - TOLIS Group, Inc.
http://www.productionbackup.com
BRU ... because it's the RESTORE that matters!

Return to posts index

Brad Starkey
on Aug 13, 2013 at 1:49:38 am

Probably a little open for too many details, but:

Bryson gave some great examples. All depending on your market and the size of the client, the review and approval may be hard to monetize, especially if your hosting, on its own... But the archive and management of the data with a slick front-end, I think is very appealing to those without the support or knowledge to do it in-house. It may help replace that red duplication service thats been burning your eyes.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]