FORUMS: list search recent posts

Company responsiveness

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vince Sanchez
Company responsiveness
on Jun 16, 2010 at 5:14:13 am

Interesting, in order to due my due diligence learning the program I've read all the posts here. One string of comments that stuck out was that the program didn't warn you when you were deleting a file, and these were relatively recent comments. So I was pleasantly surprised to see that this feature had been implemented into the latest version. Way to go.
Reminds me of my days using the Commodore 64 for music production when I could communicate with the developers and see results very quickly, like in days.
Spent all afternoon with Final Cut Server, finally got the server program installed and then had to wade through 115 pages in the manual before I got to the part about installing the client software. That's when I went and found the section on uninstalling the program. Rather spend my time becoming an expert at CatDV. Thanks

Return to posts index

bryson jones
Re: Company responsiveness
on Jun 16, 2010 at 5:37:17 pm

You made my day...Welcome to the crew.

I love that the Squarebox guys listen as well. That's what's neat. We in the field know what we need. The Dev crew never assumes that they know better than the users. That "bottom up" approach is key to innovation that matches the needs of the "real world".

bryson

bryson "at" hidefcowboy.com

hidefcowboy.com

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
Re: Company responsiveness
on Jun 20, 2010 at 11:03:32 pm

Almost right! CatDV should always have warned you before deleting files or doing other operations that can't be undone. We did recently make a change in that area, though, and added a new preferences option to disable those commands that let you delete or move files because a few people were asking for that. That's probably what you're thinking of. Thank you for the kind words though, we do try to be responsive!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]