FORUMS: list search recent posts

Worker Node: Specify Root Folder

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Goddard
Worker Node: Specify Root Folder
on Jun 26, 2013 at 11:53:50 am

I find the manual a little unclear on this:

'When processing files it’s often a good idea to specify a ‘root’ folder. The file path is then calculated as being relative to this root folder which can result in shorter file paths. For example, if you have an original file in /Volumes/Media/Online Media/Project/File1.mov and want to build a proxy of that file in /Volumes/Media/Proxies then you should specify /Volumes/Media/Online Media as the root folder or the proxy will be /Volumes/Media/Proxies/Volumes/Media/Online Media/Project/File1.mov rather than /Volumes/Media/Proxies/Project/File1.mov'

Now to do this it seems it is done in the Path Mapping section of the Worker Node Parameters tab (according tot he tool tip).

In the Path Mapping section of the worker creating a new 'path mapping' under the parameters tab gives an option to enter:

1) Original Location
2) Current Location

My question is that I want to set the root folder. How does this relate to Original Location and Current Location?

Do I simply enter the Root folder in 'Original Location' and click ok?

Any guidance appreciated.

Scott Goddard

Neo Verite Limited
http://neoverite.com

Return to posts index

bryson jones
Re: Worker Node: Specify Root Folder
on Jun 26, 2013 at 3:57:09 pm

Scott, you set the "Original Location" in the path mappings and the query picks this up as the root.

Note for other folks that this needs to be set for all similar Worker Actions that need to reproduce that virtualized root folder. It can't be set globally as in the CatDV Pro Client. It is action by action in the Worker for reasons that will be clear as you get deeper into scripting.

Hope this got you.

bryson

bryson "at" northshoreautomation.com

northshoreautomation.com

Return to posts index

Scott Goddard
on Jun 27, 2013 at 8:30:14 am

When I specify the correct root and correct my path names according to this and perform a 'test' on the watch action the report tells me that the files that match the query are on the server but 'offline'. If I remove the root folder and specify full paths in the Worker (or even specify specifically broken paths) it tells me the files are online.

Slightly confused as to how the root or any scripting path is affecting the worker to correctly query the server which as I see it is a separate part of the workers process?

Scott Goddard

Neo Verite Limited

Return to posts index

Scott Goddard
on Jun 27, 2013 at 11:40:41 am

After a lot of trial and error I seemed to have solved this.

Here's how:

Having the root path in just 'Original Location' of the path mappings did not work for me. If I put the same path in BOTH Original and Current location then it works. Still not sure as to why my results are different from yours Bryson? Maybe there is another issue here but either way it appears to be working well now.

This goes against the manual and other advice, but hopefully it will help others who have the same issue.

Scott Goddard

Neo Verite Limited

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]