FORUMS: list search recent posts

Creating Hierarchy using existing metadata

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ryan loetscher
Creating Hierarchy using existing metadata
on Jun 19, 2013 at 10:32:18 pm

I think my answer is "No I can't do this", but I thought I'd ask those more knowledgable.

I'd like to create a hierarchy that draws from already existing, auto-filled metadata WITHOUT having to add to a pick list manually... specifically Artist/Album/Name.

We have a simple system in place right now, but extensive human error has lead me to seek out a more automated solution... I'll spare you a long background on why I want this and how our organization system works, lets just say... There is a catalog of premiere projects, an editor needs to track the song used in that project. I'd like them to be able to choose from a hierarchy drop down that lists "artists" and "albums" automated from the "artist: and "album" metadata fileds in a separate music catalog. In other words, I don't want to have to manually add artists and albums to a pick list every time we add a new album to the music catalog.

Hope that makes sense.

Return to posts index

bryson jones
Re: Creating Hierarchy using existing metadata
on Jun 20, 2013 at 4:04:12 pm

Not sure if I'm following correctly, but you can have a field "remember new values" so that as people tag and add info, it's retained.

If this is another field, such as a Artist/Album field in USER24, let's say, that would be populated from the values of 2 separate fields, USER20 Artist and USER18 Album, then that can't really be done in CatDV to my knowledge.

However, there is the idea that you could have a worker action put those values into a field with an server query action using variables and they'd be moved over. Is this what you're talking about?

bryson

bryson "at" northshoreautomation.com

northshoreautomation.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]