FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exclude catalogs grouped in a particular folder from query results

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lee Warner
Exclude catalogs grouped in a particular folder from query results
on Jun 11, 2013 at 8:50:54 pm

How would I use a folder name in a query to exclude the catalogs grouped in that folder in the results?

Lee

SAMDOG Digital Post
Calgary, Alberta
Mac Pro 2.66 12-core 16gb ram • FSI LM1760W Monitor • Matrox MX02 or BM Decklink • Caldigit HDPro2 8tb Raid • Avid Artist Transport • MC6, FCP7, PremierePro, Resolve.

• Living my life one frame at a time •

Return to posts index

Scott Goddard
Re: Exclude catalogs grouped in a particular folder from query results
on Jun 11, 2013 at 9:10:53 pm

I don't think this is possible. If it is it will be in the advanced search. From memory 'is not' under your folder name field.

Bryson?

Scott Goddard

Neo Verite Limited
http://www.neoverite.com

Return to posts index

Brad Starkey
on Jun 11, 2013 at 9:30:36 pm

There's probably a better way, but you could try:

If your talking about excluding catalogs on your server and not media files, maybe Query - (Not) - "Catalog" starts with - "Name of Folder"

If its the media files and you only want it to check the Parent folder, you could use "Bin"
I would of thought "Folder Name" should work, but for me it switches to "Media Folder" if you select "Folder Name" which would query the full path? weird.

Return to posts index

Lee Warner
on Jun 11, 2013 at 9:36:53 pm

Brad,

I found the Folder Name changing to Media Folder bug? as well. I'll give your other suggestion a try.

thanks

Return to posts index

bryson jones
on Jun 12, 2013 at 4:57:00 am

I'm not sure if I follow what you are saying but using MF seems to work if you set it to "NOT" in the advanced search.

I just pulled up clips from a catalog and then excluded them as well using that search.

If I'm off base, maybe give me some more info.

For clarity, MF is actually the path called "Media File" in CatDV. FLD is the Media Folder and that is the enclosing folder (also called parent folder.) What's the bug you're speaking of?

bryson

bryson "at" northshoreautomation.com

northshoreautomation.com

Return to posts index

Brad Starkey
on Jun 12, 2013 at 6:26:51 pm

I'm not sure if its a bug, but

For me FLD shows the full path of the Parent Folder - Volumes/AudioMediaExample/Audio/
Folder name or MF2 shows just the Parent Folder - Audio

If I select MF2 in a query it switches to FLD. I think Lee might of only wanted to exclude data from the Parent Folder, not the full path of the Parent Folder.

I suggested to try to use BIN (BN)

Hope this makes sense.

Return to posts index

Lee Warner
on Jun 18, 2013 at 3:34:36 pm

Maybe a bit of back story is needed. I created separate catalogs through Worker ingest for some image sequences. They appear as one clip in CatDV even though the clip is made up of several hundred stills. When I archive to the Cache-A all goes well but.... Now when I query for all entries where the Archive Details are blank in order to figure out what needs to be archived, I am getting 20000+ hits from the metadata of these stills. The stills themselves are on tape, but for some reason they still show up in the query.
I thought that if I could exclude the CatDV (not O/S) tree folder group that the image sequence catalogs are kept in when I do a "Not Archived" query, I could create a work around.

Return to posts index

bryson jones
on Jun 18, 2013 at 5:29:26 pm

Check that the archive fields are working properly in that search.

It sounds like you "is blank" search might not be working correctly. If not, that might be an indexing bug in the db.

bryson

bryson "at" northshoreautomation.com

northshoreautomation.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]