FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid ALE

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
nigel gourley
Avid ALE
on May 28, 2013 at 8:41:25 pm

Just getting started with this and we can't figure out how to customise the columns that appear in the ALE.

Can we do this or are they fixed?

Thanks

Return to posts index

bryson jones
Re: Avid ALE
on May 28, 2013 at 10:44:11 pm

Avid ALE is a bitter brew (Sorry, I couldn't help it.)

From what I know, the Avid Log Exchange format is fixed. Download the Pegasus trial and you won't need to mess with it as AAF can send something like 12 metadata fields.

bryson

bryson "at" northshoreautomation.com

northshoreautomation.com

Return to posts index

nigel gourley
on May 28, 2013 at 10:54:38 pm

Thanks for reply. It's a long story, we hoped to use AAF but in catdv the avid mediafiles we imported have ended up being attached to the same metaclips multiple times so have 16 audio tracks when they should have 8. We haven't fathomed a way to fix this in catdv or avid that works when we import the AAF into avid. so ALE is our last hope. This is pegasus.

Return to posts index

nigel gourley
on May 28, 2013 at 10:56:28 pm

In Avid an ALE can have lots of columns and can be user defined so it;s not an avid restriction I think.

Return to posts index

bryson jones
on May 29, 2013 at 1:41:17 am

Nigel, I stand corrected, you are right about ALE, but from what I know you can't vary what CatDV sends in an ALE. (I do need to dig around a bit.)

Avid workflows are going to require a whole new skill set for integrators as the app has been so FCP focused. I'll do my best to keep this forum updated as we enter into our first paid engagements with Pegasus. (We have 2 on deck now but no deals have been signed.)

One thing to remember, if you can get the data you need into any text format there's a ton you can do with text. We're working on a delivery report for a client right now which basically combines 2 text outputs of the same clip(FCP XML and an Avid ALE) to get a .csv with the correct data needed.

Multi channel audio is tough. So many apps struggle with remapping and correctly managing it.

bryson

bryson "at" northshoreautomation.com

northshoreautomation.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]