FORUMS: list search recent posts

Camera Date/Time Metadata Lost?

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Kolowich
Camera Date/Time Metadata Lost?
on Jun 12, 2010 at 2:55:57 am

I'm new to CatDV, and using it to sort through a large amount of material shot over several months on an XDCAM-EX camera. The material was recently transcoded to QuickTime via the Sony XDCAM Transfer Utility.

Within CatDV, I was hoping to be able to locate and group clips by using the dates and times the material was shot, but much to my surprise, that metadata does not seem to be available in CatDV for sorting or grouping into folders.

My questions are these:
1.) Is there a metadata field recorded by a Sony XDCAM-EX1 that gives date and time recorded, assuming the date and time are set correctly within the camera?

2.) Does the date/time metadata survive the transcoding process in the XDCAM Transfer Utility?

3.) Is this metadata available somewhere through CatDV?

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
Re: Camera Date/Time Metadata Lost?
on Jun 15, 2010 at 4:15:47 pm

CatDV should pick up the original shooting date if it's present in the EX1 files I believe, though you probably need the CatDV MXF Option (which isn't available in the unregistered trial). Drop us a line to support@squarebox.co.uk if you'd like a temporary full evaluation license but if it still doesn't work, and if you can provide a short example clip for us to test with, then we'd be more than happy to investigate.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]