FORUMS: list search recent posts

Image sequence workflow suggestions

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lee Warner
Image sequence workflow suggestions
on May 23, 2013 at 5:22:47 pm

I'm running the enterprise edition with Worker on a media server. I've set up a watchfolder that moves an image sequence of approx 3000 images into a catalog named after the scene description. I've got the watchfolder actions programmed to auto populate fields and folders based on the original folder name (ProducerName-ClientName-ProjectName-SceneName). Currently I have the "Import Media As" option set to Automatic in the Pre-processing section. When I set it to Image Sequence I get an error notice saying "Failed to save config: Sorry, you cant move or rename the original file when using the Image Sequence Importer because that importer affects multiple files."

Can someone clarify how to use the Image Sequence option in a situation where I want the DSLR files to be moved from a watchfolder to a permanent folder.

My understanding is that by using the Import Media as Image Sequence option, the sequence is represented as one clip in the catalog rather than 3000 files. Is that correct? Is there a better way?

Return to posts index

bryson jones
Re: Image sequence workflow suggestions
on May 23, 2013 at 9:56:28 pm

If this is done in the CatDV Pro client, then yes, the sequence becomes a metaclip and can be proxied and manipulated as a single item.

I've not done it with the Worker Node, but perhaps that error is coming from another part of the Worker Action.

Try the action with just an import and then see if that creates a metaclip. If so then maybe you could initiate a move using a subsequent action.

bryson

bryson "at" northshoreautomation.com

northshoreautomation.com

Return to posts index

Lee Warner
Re: Image sequence workflow suggestions
on May 24, 2013 at 3:51:28 pm

Bryson,

I created a watch action to import media as "image sequence". It's quite slow on our brand new 64bit server but better than importing each individual frame. Should I be able to create a proxy of the clip? I have a separate watch action that scans catalogs for "Create Proxy = true" flag but it doesn't seem to work with image sequences.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]