FORUMS: list search recent posts

Query for online media

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lee Warner
Query for online media
on May 21, 2013 at 10:36:48 pm

I want to build a query that looks for media that is online in our media server. The query field pulldown doesn't include the online field. I know it exists. Is there a way to build a query that does this?

Lee

SAMDOG Digital Post
Calgary, Alberta
Mac Pro 2.66 12-core 16gb ram • FSI LM1760W Monitor • Matrox MX02 or BM Decklink • Caldigit HDPro2 8tb Raid • Avid Artist Transport • MC6, FCP7, PremierePro, Resolve.

• Living my life one frame at a time •

Return to posts index

Brad Starkey
Re: Query for online media
on May 22, 2013 at 4:36:13 pm

I'm not sure you can do a query, but you can use automatic grouping with "Online Movie" selected, and then just query what your looking for. Only Online clips should be returned.

Return to posts index

Scott Goddard
on May 22, 2013 at 9:32:33 pm

Are you referring to this as a true/false field?

Scott Goddard

Neo Verite Limited
http://www.neoverite.com

Return to posts index

Brad Starkey
on May 23, 2013 at 3:01:22 pm

The grouping fields are dynamic. So if you have a catalog open with online and offline assets it will have both listed. Then you can easily select one to filter the others out. I was suggesting doing that, then doing a query so only Online assets would be returned.

Return to posts index

Lee Warner
on May 23, 2013 at 5:32:20 pm

Thanks. When I ran a query to find files that weren't archived to tape yet, I was getting a notice saying that part of the results seem to be offline since the media had been deleted. I was looking for a way to further refine the results to only online clips. I think I have it straight now.

Return to posts index

bryson jones
on May 23, 2013 at 9:51:15 pm

Interesting, the field, "Type" (TY4) which lists whether a clip is online or not, is not searchable.

Maybe this could be added so that a saved search would only return online clips?

Feature Request?

bryson

bryson "at" northshoreautomation.com

northshoreautomation.com

Return to posts index

Brad Starkey
on May 24, 2013 at 3:53:38 pm

I wonder if a query for Online or Type would work well in a server environment, since that value is determined on the client side. Some users may have it online some may not, right? Using the grouping (filters) is working for me anyways.

Return to posts index

bryson jones
on May 24, 2013 at 3:59:52 pm

Damn you Starkey! Always so sensible! ;)

Actually, that's a pretty great point. I'm so used to systems being homogenous that I didn't really consider it. But for automations, where the Worker and the clients all have the same storage it would be nice but yes, I'm wondering if that field isn't dynamic to the client as opposed to being stored in the server db.

That would lead you to a search and a filter for "online" or my favorite, if you move the media offline with a manual action or a scripted one, tagging a field as "offline" or "archived" and then you can search on that easily.

bryson

bryson "at" northshoreautomation.com

northshoreautomation.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]