FORUMS: list search recent posts

"Failed to open catalog"

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron Rock
"Failed to open catalog"
on May 21, 2013 at 4:39:07 pm

No idea what this problem means, never run into it before this. This morning, our Promise RAID (The server for all media on CatDV) ejected itself midway through a transfer in CatDV.

Since then we have been able to re-mount the drive and restart CatDv. The media on the raid is fine, nothing appears corrupted.

However, when I tried to enter one partcular catalog on CatDV I came across this error:
prepareQuery failed (Table 'Clip' is marked as crashed and should be repaired)"

Any ideas on what would cause that? My assumption is that the catalog got corrupted somehow. If so is there a way to repair it, or to I have to retrieve an uncorrupted version from somewhere.

Any help offered is much appreciated.

Thank you

Return to posts index

Robb Harriss
Re: "Failed to open catalog"
on May 21, 2013 at 5:22:18 pm

when was the last time you backed up the database? Restoring it from a backup would help. And yes, you can repair tables, but their might be other tables that were corrupted. There will be better people to walk you through the table repair. I'll have to go find my notes on it.

Non-linear: all the time and nothing but.

Return to posts index

bryson jones
on May 21, 2013 at 7:47:13 pm

Contact support before you restore.

That can generally be cleaned up in MySql by a sysadmin. We end up doing this a few times a year generally. (Not on the same system, it's rare!)

bryson

bryson "at" northshoreautomation.com

northshoreautomation.com

Return to posts index

bryson jones
on May 21, 2013 at 7:54:23 pm

And sorry, I forgot. If you are techy, just check the MySQL docs, they offer instructions for maintenance and repair. But if you're under support or have a good reseller relationship they will get you sorted too, I'm sure.

bryson

bryson "at" northshoreautomation.com

northshoreautomation.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]