FORUMS: list search recent posts

Vs transfer of XDcam EX raw-files/logs from CatDV to FCP

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hilde Korsaeth
Vs transfer of XDcam EX raw-files/logs from CatDV to FCP
on May 15, 2013 at 9:31:23 am

Having used CatDV as a great logging and systematizing tool for my previous documentary projects, I am presently trying to define the most functional work flow for my next project.
It is a typical process documentary that includes a rather voluminous footage, which basically is shot with a XDcam EX3 camera. Thus the files´raw format is XDcam EX 1080 i50. MPEG stream clip/ (.MP4)

I have logged quite a lot of the raw material already, but of course, this format is not very handy for editing. So I need to convert them to .mov files.
All experience shows that Prores 422 is the most convenient .mov-format for editing.

- But in order to keep/transfer my DVcat logs of the already logged .MP4-files into the FCP-project, what could be the most rational and efficient way of converting the rawfiles/MP4-files to (preferably) Prores 422-format and still keep/get the DVCat log files in the FCP?

- Is there any converting facility in the DV Cat software?

Having spent a lot of time on this issue already without having found a rational solution, I would appreciate very much your answer, preferably as soon as possible.

Return to posts index

bryson jones
Re: Vs transfer of XDcam EX raw-files/logs from CatDV to FCP
on May 16, 2013 at 4:20:51 am

calibratedsoftware.com

That should get you sorted but you might need some creative thinking to automate getting your logs onto the converted prores and into CatDV.

I'll offer this but know that it's unsupported free advice so please don't hinge your production on something I typed while watching TV with the Wife...

If I were doing it, I might try to flip the workflow to create a prores422 or 422HQ "proxy" and send that to Final Cut Pro. Otherwise, you'll need to bring the logs over manually and that's a drag.

bryson

bryson "at" northshoreautomation.com

northshoreautomation.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]