FORUMS: list search recent posts

Deleting 'remembered values'

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Goddard
Deleting 'remembered values'
on May 8, 2013 at 9:44:35 am

Is it possible to clear the cache of remembered values. For example, lets say you entered a few values with spelling errors or a logger put them in the wrong field but you want to use this field to remember values that were entered correctly.

How can we delete these remembered values?

Return to posts index

bryson jones
Re: Deleting 'remembered values'
on May 8, 2013 at 11:33:41 pm

It's not a "cache", they are written into your database.

You just go to the "Field Definitions" area of the prefs and edit the picklist values for that field.

Most clients normally have to do this a few times a year.

bryson

bryson "at" northshoreautomation.com

northshoreautomation.com

Return to posts index

Scott Goddard
on May 10, 2013 at 10:24:18 am

Hi Bryson,

I have tried to do as you mentioned many times, deleting the value from the picklist which was my first thought in this issue. However, to delete a value you have to unselect 'remember values' first.

Once unselected you are able to delete the value BUT if you ever turn on 'remember values' for that field back on the value that was deleted reappears as an available choice. It seems like a possible bug.

Ideally, we want to be able to delete values that were incorrectly entered but still have CatDV remember values that were. We can solve the issue by turning off 'remember values' but that seems very counterproductive as it is a useful tool. I think there needs to be a 'forget value' option!

Return to posts index

Matthew Stamos
on May 10, 2013 at 2:19:33 pm

I would also, in the preferences under server make sure you uncheck pick list values Auto-populate from server.

Return to posts index

Scott Goddard
on May 10, 2013 at 3:29:25 pm

Hi Matthew, so you have also noticed this issue?

I have never ticked 'auto populate from server'.

Doing further tests it appears that it was a conflict from another production group which uses different user fields. This is an issue that I feel people need to be aware of, ie keep the user fields the same across the board if you have more than one production group.

Return to posts index

Matthew Stamos
on May 10, 2013 at 5:40:57 pm

One way to prevent this is to make a field set! This will not gather odd bits from other groups not using the same filed set. See preferences field definitions and save a field set.

Return to posts index

Scott Goddard
on May 10, 2013 at 5:55:23 pm

We have exactly this. Two field sets and two production groups. Loading a group loads that groups field set as it is part of the groups preferences.

Only way to solve this issue so far was to log into the other group and delete the value from that user field pick list. Then log into the other group and finally remember value does not bring it back. Some kind of conflict..

Return to posts index

bryson jones
on May 10, 2013 at 3:25:14 pm

Sorry, I left out a "grooming" step.

You have to search for the badly entered info and then replace that data with the correct spelling. Matt's right, if it picks up the old values, you'll be resetting the bad picklist values.

If you correct them, that should go away. I'm sure SB will look this over but in the end, whip those loggers when they do it wrong! ;)

bryson

bryson "at" northshoreautomation.com

northshoreautomation.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]