FORUMS: list search recent posts

Handle Sequences // Export Sequence using Worker or CLI or whatever ...

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Leonid Nekrasov
Handle Sequences // Export Sequence using Worker or CLI or whatever ...
on May 3, 2013 at 1:10:33 pm

Hallo there,

I need to handle footage clips and to make a Rawcut out of them (just merge them together). I would like to automate this workflow using CatDV.

I am on Enterprise Server 6.7 and Worker 4.0.5

There are two workflows I need two implement:

1. create sequence from imported clips

- Worker imports clips in a certain (new) catalog
- Worker merges all clips from the new catalog in a new sequence clip and exports it as a standalone movie clip (I could of course use FFMPEG to merge clips together)

2. export a clip with the Type: Sequence as a standalone movie clip.

- user creates a Sequence using CatDV Pro and publishes it on the server
- Worker realizes the new sequence clip in the database and exports it as a standalone clip

I looked up the possibilities of Worker 4 and 5, but I could find any way to implement one of the Workflows above.

I also couldn't find a way to make Worker to see the sequence in a catalog. I unfortunately cannot select the field "TYPE" in query terms. I tried to use "Underlying Type" with the Value "Sequence", but I became a Java Error (Java expects a Number not a string, but I don`t know the Number for Sequence as a Clip Type).

Did anybody implement any comparable solution? how did you solve it?

Thanx for any advise and best Regards
Leo

LinkedIn: http://goo.gl/CPSnl

Return to posts index

bryson jones
Re: Handle Sequences // Export Sequence using Worker or CLI or whatever ...
on May 4, 2013 at 6:07:59 am

I think you're right on the first one. Separate actions, import the clips and then use ffmpeg or another tool to merge them.

I don't think Worker can process a sequence like that way. (I could be wrong.) I've never done that in the Worker.

It might be a case where your users have to export an XML of the Sequence into a drop folder and then use that XML to do the export. If we were brought that, that's how we'd handle it most likely.

bryson

bryson "at" northshoreautomation.com

northshoreautomation.com

Return to posts index

Leonid Nekrasov
Re: Handle Sequences // Export Sequence using Worker or CLI or whatever ...
on May 10, 2013 at 6:59:59 am

Thank you!

I would wish, that the Backend and the Frontend of CatDV would be linked in a better way. There are many functions in CatDV Pro, that are great, but that I cannot access in the Backend using Worker. Clip Lists, many Datafields, Sequences and many others.

I hope Squarebox will force the interaction between the CatDV Pro and Worker consequent in the future.

Kind Regards
Leo

LinkedIn: http://goo.gl/CPSnl

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]