FORUMS: list search recent posts

Simple U.I. for access to one CatDV catalog

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lee Warner
Simple U.I. for access to one CatDV catalog
on May 1, 2013 at 2:56:30 pm

Any suggestions as to how to create a simple interface via possibly a web browser on our internal network so that our sales dept. can access CatDV proxies of finished spots from our media server?
Many are technically challenged and I'm finding the normal CatDV interface scares many of them.

Lee
CTV Calgary

Return to posts index

Robb Harriss
Re: Simple U.I. for access to one CatDV catalog
on May 1, 2013 at 3:26:56 pm

You on the Enterprise Server?

Non-linear: all the time and nothing but.

Return to posts index

John Vaudin
on May 1, 2013 at 3:27:30 pm

Server 6.8 ships with some very simple HTML samples that show you how to do exactly this kind of thing. If you install 6.8 (using the default embedded web browser) then the samples are right there in the root of the web site.

Return to posts index

Lee Warner
on May 1, 2013 at 3:33:21 pm

I'm currently on Enterprise server 6.7

I'll download the update.

Would we need to buy the CatDV web client to use this feature?

Lee

SAMDOG Digital Post
Calgary, Alberta
Mac Pro 2.66 12-core 16gb ram • FSI LM1760W Monitor • Matrox MX02 or BM Decklink • Caldigit HDPro2 8tb Raid • Avid Artist Transport • MC6, FCP7, PremierePro, Resolve.

• Living my life one frame at a time •

Return to posts index

Robb Harriss
on May 1, 2013 at 3:50:56 pm

to do web you'd need the web plugin as far as I know, and a web server and all that. Beyond me.
But if you're on enterprise you should be able to make a simple interface and then lock it and give sales people access only to that interface, and restrict them from adjusting or changing anything. Plus you can put all sorts of restrictions in so they can't get at files they don't need to. That's the great value of Enterprise over the Workgroup Server. You have the power, use it wisely.

Non-linear: all the time and nothing but.

Return to posts index

bryson jones
on May 1, 2013 at 6:35:41 pm

This is exactly what the web client with the new API is for.

You can create different web interfaces for views into the database.

You will need to buy web client licenses for each user that logs in (concurrent users) but beyond that you should be able to program to your hearts content.

We're really excited to see what sorts of things we can cook up with this new functionality.

bryson

bryson "at" northshoreautomation.com

northshoreautomation.com

Return to posts index

bryson jones
on May 2, 2013 at 6:39:01 pm

Lee, doing some research here. Would you want this "wide open" meaning no login, or would users log in to view?

Also, would you need more than one instance of this, meaning would you have one URL for one catalog and then another URL for another, if needed?

I'm doing some casual research on how people might use the API in its simplest form.

bryson

bryson "at" northshoreautomation.com

northshoreautomation.com

Return to posts index

Lee Warner
on May 6, 2013 at 2:29:08 pm

Bryson,

Pardon the tardy reply.

I was informed that budgets were tight so purchasing the web client wasn't immediately in the cards. I ended up giving one of our 10 CatDV Pro licenses to a sales assistants with the most technical chops and designed a locked off group that only gave them access to one catalog with no editing functions.

But to answer your question, a logon would be a requirement. Beyond that the ability to drag and drop to the desktop to create a local copy would be a bonus.

Lee
CTV Calgary

Return to posts index

Matthew Stamos
on May 14, 2013 at 1:16:24 am

I could not be more excited about the new API and the beta is up for testing!

http://www.squarebox.com/announcing-web-services-api/

Here is a simple search page!

A simple approval page!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]