FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pegasus trial

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robb Harriss
Pegasus trial
on Apr 24, 2013 at 3:27:38 pm

Where's the download for the trial? Do we need to request a link?

Non-linear: all the time and nothing but.

Return to posts index

bryson jones
Re: Pegasus trial
on Apr 25, 2013 at 1:47:38 am

Hey man,

I'm not sure if it's hit public beta yet. I'm sure the guys will post here but I understood it at NAB to be alpha or early beta, which is usually not public.

bryson

bryson "at" northshoreautomation.com

northshoreautomation.com

Return to posts index

Robb Harriss
on Apr 25, 2013 at 4:08:36 am

Could have sworn I saw a post somewhere mentioning a download of the Beta. Now I can't find the reference. Oh well. Still want to try it with Media Composer.

Return to posts index

bryson jones
on Apr 25, 2013 at 6:03:17 am

One other issue, it's a completely different license (since it's about twice the price of Enterprise) so even with the installer, there's a need for a new license code unlike other betas.

Watch this space but I'll try to answer questions as best I can. What are you specifically interested in?

bryson

bryson "at" northshoreautomation.com

northshoreautomation.com

Return to posts index

Robb Harriss
on Apr 25, 2013 at 2:24:39 pm

Ok, I found it. I was beginning to think I'd really lost it. From the website: http://www.squarebox.com/announcing-catdv-pegasus-client/

"Pegasus can co-exist with CatDV Enterprise clients and is available as a stand-alone product. The product is downloadable today as a public beta and the recommendation for production usage is expected soon"

So I'm interested in it as a standalone, rather than as a server. Very few people here need the ability to integrate CatDV (or anything) with an NLE. If they can feed me data from the CatDV database I take care of managing and manipulating the MXF files. I really miss the way I could so easily integrate the CatDV workflow and sequences with FCP. Using the MXF Options in v10 Pro are fine but not nearly as nice.

Return to posts index

Doug Kleve
on Apr 26, 2013 at 6:48:16 pm

Hi Robb,

Did you have any luck finding the Pegaus public beta download? It seems like if it truly is a public beta download, it would be available on the website like CatDV version 10 was.

Return to posts index

Robb Harriss
on Apr 26, 2013 at 6:57:09 pm

Nope, no joy. There must be a screwup in the posting or in mentioning a download on the website. And they way Bryson talked about it (correct me if I'm wrong, please) it might not be available as a stand alone product.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]