FORUMS: list search recent posts

User columns from CatDV to Premiere CS6

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Olsen
User columns from CatDV to Premiere CS6
on Apr 4, 2013 at 5:04:29 pm

Hello all,

I've recently begun bringing my house's media (logged in FCP7) to CatDV via FCP XML. We have a lot of footage and are constantly needing to access it, and being able to search the entire database with proxy movies and thumbnails (versus opening multiple FCP projects and going off log notes, as most older media is offline) has been great.

We are also in the process of switching from FCP7 to Premiere Pro CS6. I am wondering: Is there any way I can get all metadata--mostly concerned w/ plain text user columns in CatDV - data that came over from the FCP7 logs--to display in Premiere Pro? Or am I limited to Log Note, Scene, and other basic fields?

I am running CatDV 10.0.2, and will soon be upgrading to the most recent version of CatDV Server.

Thank you to anyone who can provide feedback.

-Dan

Return to posts index

John Vaudin
Re: User columns from CatDV to Premiere CS6
on Apr 4, 2013 at 5:22:56 pm

Currently the only way to go back and forth to CS6 is via FCP7 XML, which means you are limited to the fields that can be passed via FCP XML. You can control what fields get sent using the FCP Field mappings in your Prefs, which will also apply to CS6. But until Adobe provide a richer interchange format we are limited to the FCP fields.

Return to posts index

Daniel Olsen
on Apr 4, 2013 at 8:47:30 pm

"You can control what fields get sent using the FCP Field mappings in your Prefs, which will also apply to CS6"

When I go into prefs>user columns>FCP Mappings, all of the fields I would like to be able to view in Premiere are there. However, when I export FCP XML and import into Premiere, I am not seeing the data or their categories (other than Scene and Log Notes).

What am I missing here?

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
on Apr 17, 2013 at 8:54:56 am

That's probably a question for the Adobe forum. If you import an FCP7 XML file with fields like Master Comment 1, Comment B etc. set how can you display those in Premiere? I don't know the answer to that offhand I'm afraid.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]