FORUMS: list search recent posts

Printing various screens and catalogs in CatDV

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shannon Rowe
Printing various screens and catalogs in CatDV
on Mar 26, 2013 at 3:45:27 pm

Hi,

I am currently using CatDv. One issue I have with it is there are very limited print functions/options throughout the entire program. I would like to print from several different screens, not on a clip level. For example, I would like to print the Disk Space Tool screen or better yet, export into an Excel document so I can better calculate my catalog sizes. Another example would be I would like to print the Server/Browse Catalog screen to view all. Again, the best would be if I could have the options to export anything into an excel sheet. Are there any plans at Squarebox in the near future to incorporate this functionality into CatDV?

Thank you!
Shannon

Return to posts index

Gerald Goldman
Re: Printing various screens and catalogs in CatDV
on Mar 26, 2013 at 4:29:10 pm

I agree about the printing. It would be nice to have greater control over page layout at the point of printing.

As far as Excel, you can export data to Excel by exporting as Tab Separated. You can import that into Excel and very quickly make spreadsheets.

If you set up an appropriate custom view, you can limit the amount of data you export.

Hope this helps.

Gerald Goldman
Director of Post Production
Grace Creek Media
http://www.gracecreek.com
http://www.sportskool.com

Return to posts index

bryson jones
on Mar 26, 2013 at 7:45:46 pm

I'm curious to hear about this but I do have some ideas.

1) No other MAM really supports this type of printing since they work via a web browser primarily. It'd be great, but it's unprecedented in the field. They do offer printable reports but you're asking to print a screen in an app, not a report per se.

2) The disk space tool, while useful, can easily be replaced by any number of other shareware tools that offer printing and export, if this is something you need to track.

bryson

bryson "at" northshoreautomation.com

northshoreautomation.com

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
on Apr 13, 2013 at 7:49:56 pm

A lot of screens in CatDV that contain tables of data let you copy the data to the clipboard, from where you can paste it into Excel etc. We'll take a look and see why the Browse Catalogs and Disk Space Tool screens don't do that, should be fairly easy to add.

Return to posts index

Shannon Rowe
on Apr 15, 2013 at 2:15:21 pm

Thank you for looking into this Rolf. I know it would be very useful for us and hopefully others.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]