Multi-Hierarchy Bug

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Ostrowski
Multi-Hierarchy Bug
on Mar 11, 2013 at 3:53:22 pm

Hi,

Using version 9.0.6 Professional here.

I'm unsure if this is a feature or a bug, but whenever I select a clip that contains information in a multi-hierarchy user defined field, and then I hold shift in order to highlight multiple clips, CATDV will automatically set the data in the one clip to all of the clips I've highlighted.
This ONLY appears to happen when I highlight clips that are in the list before the original clip and that have their user defined field blank. Let me give you an example to explain:

1. I have 10 clips that have a multi-hierarchy user defined field called "Car". All contain no information.
2. I highlight clip #5 and set the data in Car to "Honda".
3. With clip #5 still highlighted, I hold shift and also highlight clips #1-4.
4. CATDV will automatically set "Car" to "Honda" for all clips without any input from me, other than the action of highlighting.

This bug does not occur if I do step 3 but highlight clips #6-10. It also does not occur if clips #1-4 already have "Car" set to something else.

As you can imagine, this bug gets annoying if I have multiple fields for each clip and I don't notice that CATDV is inputing data for me while I'm simply highlighting things. The only indicator that CATDV is doing this is that it will show "Set Car" in the bottom left corner instead of "Selected 5 of 10 clips".

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Mike

Return to posts index

Nick Clausen
Re: Multi-Hierarchy Bug
on Mar 12, 2013 at 4:51:08 pm

Silly question, but can you use CTRL instead of Shift to highlight your clips?

Return to posts index

Mike Ostrowski
on Mar 12, 2013 at 4:59:32 pm

I can. but that only highlights clips one by one, which gets annoying if you want to highlight a large amount. The issue doesn't occur if you use CTRL/Command

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
on Mar 22, 2013 at 10:29:25 pm

I can't reproduce that in CatDV 10.0.2 so it's possible it's something we have fixed.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]