FORUMS: list search recent posts

white screen preview

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Murphy
white screen preview
on Jun 2, 2010 at 4:27:29 pm

Hi, I've just configured CatDV and everything is working well - importing XML from FCP, customised logging etc. BUT when I build preview movies at Offline RT and try to play I get the audio track but a white screen. any ideas?

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
Re: white screen preview
on Jun 7, 2010 at 9:40:03 am

White screen sounds like a missing codec. What format are the original files in? Do they play ok in CatDV?

Return to posts index

Peter Murphy
on Jun 7, 2010 at 10:11:56 am

Thanks for responding Rolf. The original files are DV - PAL anamorphic, captured to G-Raid drives. No problem with playing in CatDV from original media, but previews using RTOffline preset playback white. I'm working on a MacPro.

Return to posts index

Paul Wu
on Jun 16, 2010 at 6:59:36 pm

Hiya
I'm trying to do the same thing: build OfflineRT previews (on the same system as Peter - we work in the same office) but I'm also getting the white screen either through CatDV or Quicktime. The build preview works in MPEG4 (Normal) mode but OfflineRT (Compression: Photo-JPEG, Depth: Color, Quality: Medium) just produces the right bit of Audio but with a whited out Video.Any ideas how to fix this???

3GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon Mac with CatDV 8.0.2 and Quicktime 7.6.4
Cheers
Paul

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
on Jun 20, 2010 at 11:13:54 pm

That's odd, as both DV and OfflineRT/PhotoJPEG are about as standard and widely supported codecs as it's possible to get! We don't seem to be able to reproduce that problem here, so perhaps you could mail your CatDV Error Log file (in Home > Library > Logs) and the catalog containing the clips to support@squarebox.co.uk so we can investigate further?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]