FORUMS: list search recent posts

Changing the view

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian McLaren
Changing the view
on Feb 20, 2013 at 4:58:36 am

I am using CatDV Pro to put together collections of images from video. It works great, but I then need to copy the entire page (I use Grab) and export that to Photoshop for use in a book.

The only problem I encounter is that the gray separators between rows are bigger than I would like. For visual reasons and also to fit everything on the book page, I need to reduced the size of that gray separator between rows. Any ideas? I can do it manually in Photoshop but very labor intensive: some of these have as many as 40 or 50 rows. Open to suggestions.

Here is what I start with (as it comes out of CatDV Pro):

And here is what I would like to get to:

(The difference in size of these two images is not intentional -- it's only the gray separator that I'm concerned with.)

Return to posts index

bryson jones
Re: Changing the view
on Feb 20, 2013 at 5:03:01 pm

Use the views to export the assets as XML and drop them into a program to turn them into a contact sheet.

Or, just copy or export them as thumbnails, (simpler and maybe as fast) and drop them into photoshop.

Unless there's an edit I'm not aware of.

Hope one of these might get you sorted.

bryson

bryson "at" northshoreautomation.com

northshoreautomation.com

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
Re: Changing the view
on Mar 13, 2013 at 10:27:33 pm

There isn't any way to change the view layout I'm afraid - people use CatDV to work with all kinds of media files not just video, so having a "cell" that is roughy 4:3 is probably the best compromise possible to deal with everything from portrait stills to 21:9 HD.

One option might be to export all your thumbnails as JPEG files (using the Export Still Images command) and create an HTML index file at the same time. You should then be able to open the HTML file with a text editor and do a global search and replace (or use a CSS style sheet if your HTML skills are up to it) to change how it's displayed.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]