FORUMS: list search recent posts

DATE Issue

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carla Vidal
DATE Issue
on Feb 19, 2013 at 9:09:04 am

Hi,

I've been having some trouble with DATE search field. It appears it's only possible to search by complete date, such as "Nov 13, 2008", but this is not very practical: you might regularly want to look for a whole year content and it's not very user-friendly to have to go to advanced search all the time.

I've tried to set it as "Number" at User-Defined Columns but doesn't work because I guess it doesn't look trough built-in date field, is it?

Thank you very much for your help, it's driving me crazy and it's such an important field at the same time,

Regards

C.

Return to posts index

bryson jones
Re: DATE Issue
on Feb 19, 2013 at 5:42:52 pm

2 thoughts, first, you might want as a best practice, to use ISO formatted dates. Way easier to deal with (2013-02-19). This not only sorts dates more correctly (year, month, day) it's a standard for dealing with other systems as well so you don't have to translate.

Secondly, I've seldom used simple searches on anything date related mostly due to the extra granularity you can get by searching within x days of a date in advanced.

Try changing your date format and see if that helps in the basic search window. Mine searches fine with ISO dates.

bryson

bryson "at" northshoreautomation.com

northshoreautomation.com

Return to posts index

Carla Vidal
on Feb 20, 2013 at 8:30:36 am

Ok, thanks for the tip!

I was thinking of users that mostly use simple search because advanced one looks a bit awkward for them.

I'll try to shift to ISO date, hope it's not difficult.

C.

Return to posts index

Carla Vidal
on Feb 20, 2013 at 8:34:19 am

Ok it was pretty simple to change to ISO formatted dates.

The problem is at simple search you can only look for an exactly date. What if you don't know the precise date, which it's the most likely situation?

Do you always turn to Advanced mode?

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
on Mar 13, 2013 at 10:16:23 pm

Performing proper date searches on user-defined date fields is something we're addressing in a future update (which involves both server and client changes). For now you should know that internally these fields are stored as an ISO string, regardless of how they are displayed, so to search for clips from December 2012 you could search where field starts with "2012-12", and so on.

Return to posts index

Charlie Langrall
on Feb 3, 2015 at 8:00:30 pm

Hello all,

Attempting to run queries on a user-defined field of type DATE returns the following error:

Failed to run query (Server error, maybe incompatible with this version)

Running CatDV Pro 11.0.3 64-bit on mac OS 10.9.5; CatDV Enterprise Server 6.9.6-4353.

Interestingly, querying the database by a metadata DATE field does work; e.g. Media Date or Import Date.

Thanks,

Charlie Langrall

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]