FORUMS: list search recent posts

Log notes FCP to CATDV

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Laura Smith
Log notes FCP to CATDV
on Feb 8, 2013 at 2:37:58 pm

Am I able to make adjustments of a clip description in FCP and then wanted update this description in Catdv. Is there a way that I can sync up the clips & their descriptions? currently, when i import the altered FCP clips into Catdv it simply doubles-up the clip instead of sync the clips and simply altering the description. It will be really time consuming to then delete the older described clips. I hope there is a way.

Any help much appreciated

Laura

Return to posts index

bryson jones
Re: Log notes FCP to CATDV
on Feb 8, 2013 at 11:27:55 pm

This is not possible.

There is not an API into FCP that allows it to see that the clips delivered are the same, so it cant know whether or not to update.

If FCP could do this, we could have project sharing like Avid. (hm..)

In our workflows, once a clip is delivered to edit, we tend to consider them locked, just like editing with 2 editors in FCP on copies of clips. One cannot sync with the other.

bryson

bryson "at" northshoreautomation.com

northshoreautomation.com

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
on Feb 10, 2013 at 11:38:40 pm

That's not quite true, you can right click on a FCP project in the tree and choose Update Catalog, which will look at the clip id (fcp uuid, catdv clip ref) to see if that clip already exists in CatDV and if so updates it rather than reimports it as a new clip. It doesn't actively keep track of individual changes though, so if you import a clip from FCP then modify it in CatDV then update it from FCP, you'll get the latest values from Final Cut again, overwriting anything you changed within CatDV.

Return to posts index

bryson jones
on Feb 11, 2013 at 5:18:10 pm

Thanks Rolf, I've never done that one. That's a good one to play with.

bryson

bryson "at" northshoreautomation.com

northshoreautomation.com

Return to posts index

Laura Smith
on Feb 26, 2013 at 8:04:37 am

This has worked brilliantly, thank you so much!

Laura

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]