FORUMS: list search recent posts

Importing one directory

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lee Legg
Importing one directory
on Feb 1, 2013 at 9:00:44 pm

I've been using the demo of the standard version, and I'm having some trouble with the Import Directory command. I click the command, and the file browser comes up. When I drill down the particular folder that I want to import files from, highlight it, and then click "Choose", it wants to import all the files from that drive, instead of just that folder. Am I doing something wrong? I notice that in the import window, when I click on a particular folder, it doesn't update the address of that folder in the address bar at the top. It just shows "E:" in the bar.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Return to posts index

bryson jones
Re: Importing one directory
on Feb 1, 2013 at 9:48:09 pm

I'd just drag and drop it.

Works as well or better than drilling down.

bryson

bryson "at" northshoreautomation.com

northshoreautomation.com

Return to posts index

Lee Legg
on Feb 2, 2013 at 10:51:37 pm

Well, something interesting happened. I uninstalled and reinstalled it, and for some reason, the import window now looks different. Before it had the "slate" look like the rest of the program, and now it just looks like a normal Windows explorer window, and it works like it should. Doesn't make a bit of sense to me, and right now I'm almost afraid to purchase it, because what if it wants to change again back to the other way?

I've also been getting weird errors when I click certain buttons, all related to Java. I emailed their tech support, but I don't expect much since it's just a demo, and even the paid customers only get 30 days of support. I'm on Win7-64 by the way.

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
on Feb 3, 2013 at 3:22:19 pm

You can choose to use either the standard native file chooser, relevant to each platform, or CatDV's own cross-platform "Slate" file chooser, designed to match the appearance of the rest of the application. If you have problems with the CatDV file chooser you can opt to use the native file chooser instead via the Advanced User Interface section of Preferences.

The java.util.ConcurrentModificationException when toggling the Grouping button described in your support email is a known problem in 10.0.1 that has been fixed for 10.0.2 (due to be released in the next week or so).

Return to posts index

Lee Legg
on Feb 3, 2013 at 6:53:33 pm

Rolf, thank you for the help. I'm impressed that you actually saw my support email and are addressing it here. I'm glad that's a known issue as well. I'll make sure I have the correct file chooser selected in the preferences. I didn't even bother looking at the preferences, and don't think I've ever used a program where there was the option to choose between different file choosers like that.

Thank you for the help, and I'm looking forward to trying out the updated version.

Return to posts index

Lee Legg
on Feb 3, 2013 at 7:22:04 pm

And one last question, not really related to this topic. The product info for the Pro version says there are unlimited user-defined logging fields. How many are there in the Standard version? I haven't gotten far enough to figure out how to make custom fields, but I figured maybe I could get a quick answer here. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
on Feb 5, 2013 at 9:57:48 pm

You get three user defined fields in the standard edition (User1, User2, User3) but can create as many as you want in the professional edition.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]