FORUMS: list search recent posts

catalogs disappeared after database restoration

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nigel Askew
catalogs disappeared after database restoration
on May 28, 2010 at 4:13:03 pm

Hi,

We've just set up the server edition on a different computer to test we would be able to perform the back up process, we restored the database from a backup file, it went well up to the point of opening cat dv and connecting to the server. we logged on to the server ok, but there doesn't seem to be any catalogs. in the server admin panel it says there's only 1 catalog when i know we had at least 26. i ran a query and it returned a whole load of clips, so the clips are there, just not the catalogs,

any thoughts?

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
Re: catalogs disappeared after database restoration
on May 28, 2010 at 6:51:33 pm

That issue doesn't sound familiar. Presumably the one catalog you're seeing is one of yours and it's just that the others are missing? Is it possible you restored an old database dump file by mistake?

If you still have problems it may be worth emailing support@squarebox.co.uk and setting up some sort of remote access so we can dial in to your system to see what's going on. (Just so you know though, it's a long holiday weekend in the UK, so we may not be able to respond immediately.)

Return to posts index

Nigel Askew
Re: catalogs disappeared after database restoration
on May 31, 2010 at 1:53:11 pm

Yeah, i'll send an email today,

I've cleared the old database, just wondering if you have any guidelines for backing up and restoring the database for cat dv, we're currently using mysql administrator:

http://mac-free.com/download/MySQL-Administrator.html

to make a back up of the database,

i tried to restore from the back up using the same program but it didn't work very well

thanks

gene

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]