FORUMS: list search recent posts

I keep losing the server menus

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robb Harriss
I keep losing the server menus
on Jan 25, 2013 at 6:59:56 pm

Ok, this is odd. It started happening when I added the MXF option, first as a demo and then a paid add-on.

This is happening on the machine which hosts the server. It's my primary machine. It is not happening on other computers on the network.

Starting CatDV it logs onto the server automatically. I'm warned that I'm in safe mode and need to adjust the preferences in order to write to the server. However, the Server menu options are now gone. Just nothing there. I can read and write local catalogs buy even though I'm logged onto the server I cannot get to it and it does appear on the directory tree. I thought it might be something in 10.1, so I opened a copy of 9.06. Same thing happens there. Of course this used to be just fine. And "used to" refers to yesterday. It happened initially when I first installed the MXF demo while running tests on Avid media. I regained the menus by switching back and forth between versions 9 and 10. That's not working now.

Ideas?

Non-linear: all the time and nothing but.

Return to posts index

Robb Harriss
Re: I keep losing the server menus
on Jan 26, 2013 at 3:13:56 am

UPDATE
This appears connected to the MXF option. Versions 9 and 10 show up with the server menus and work normally. Once I setup the MXF option on 10 I lose the server menu for both 9 and 10. I end up reinstalling, without MXF, to get the server menus back.

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
on Jan 29, 2013 at 9:17:08 pm

Are you using the CatDV Server as a license server?

Either way, this sounds a bit odd. Please email support@squarebox.com with full details (eg. screenshots of your registration panel before and after the server menus disappear) and we'll investigate.

Return to posts index

Robb Harriss
on Jan 29, 2013 at 9:48:47 pm

Odd is right. It's working today. I keep going back and forth depending on whether or not I need the connection to the server or to read MXF files. And no, the server isn't set to be the license server. There are only two of us anyway.
I'll grab some screens.

Return to posts index

Lee Warner
on Jan 31, 2013 at 7:06:04 pm

With almost all of our workstations that access our CatDV media server, one has to log in, then immediately log out and log back in in order for the catalog tree to appear. We've been told it's a bug that will be patched in the next release.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]