FORUMS: list search recent posts

Deleting multiple catalogs in CatDV?

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Geir Ove
Deleting multiple catalogs in CatDV?
on Jan 25, 2013 at 9:30:13 am

I'm trying to do some cleaning to our CatDV server database and I can't find a way to delete multiple catalogs at the same time.
Is there a way for the admin user to delete multiple catalogs?

If I go to the Brows Database I see all the catalogs that's stored on the server, but as an admin user I'm not allowed to delete any of them.
If I login as one of the production users I see all the catalogs belonging to their group. Then I'm allowed to delete catalogs, but only one by one.

Geir Ove

Return to posts index

bryson jones
Re: Deleting multiple catalogs in CatDV?
on Jan 25, 2013 at 8:22:22 pm

I don't think there's a bulk delete for catalogs. Probably for good reason. Anyone else know?

I try not to think about what could happen with that button...

bryson

bryson "at" northshoreautomation.com

northshoreautomation.com

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
on Jan 29, 2013 at 9:07:21 pm

No, there's no bulk delete of catalogs, probably for good reason :-) How many are you talking about? A dozen or so? If so it should be fairly quick to do them manually. If you're talking about many hundreds then we can help you how to do that via the database if necessary, though there are obvious risk in terms of accidentally deleting data you don't want to.

Return to posts index

Geir Ove
on Jan 30, 2013 at 7:53:14 am

I understand that for some productions there is no good idea to have a function for deleting multiple catalogs, But the way we use CatDV it would be a nice feature.

We mostly use CatDV for logging purpose, using the Verbatim logger and exporting XML to FCP.
We create one catalog for each source of raw material (XDCAM, SXS, CF cards and so on) After the production has finalized their season we delete the raw material keeping only the program master.
Since CatDV links to the raw material there is no use for those catalog files anymore.
We have used CatDV on every production for some years now and we have about 4000 catalogs I'd like to clean up.

Geir Ove

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
on Feb 3, 2013 at 8:58:02 am

Contact us at support@squarebox.com and we'll sort out a SQL script that deletes the catalogs for you if you like.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]