FORUMS: list search recent posts

CatDV to Avid Symphony not relinking via MME

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lee Warner
CatDV to Avid Symphony not relinking via MME
on Jan 21, 2013 at 6:22:03 pm

I'm running CatDV 10.01 with the latest version of MME. CatDV is running on an Aberdeen Server where all the original camera cards are stored. The RAID appears as a network drive on my Avid Symphony station. Using Symphony v6, footage/sequences sent to MME from CatDV and then imported into Avid failed to relink the majority of the time. I've watched the video from the MME website and followed the procedure exactly.
I've now upgraded to Symphony 6.5.2 and relink is completely not working. Going back to an earlier Avid version is not desirable especially since the relinks weren't consistently working.

I can't find any MME documentation other than an install manual. Not sure when or if the AMA check box needs to be enabled? What is the remap volume function for?

With both versions of Symphony I kept getting this error when I would drag the AAF from MME to Avid.

I saw a post the other day that Square Box might be working on AAF export direct from CatDV. Will this replace the need for MME?

I would appreciate any help anyone can give on a proper workflow.

Lee
CTV Calgary

Return to posts index

Kevin Duggan
Re: CatDV to Avid Symphony not relinking via MME
on Jan 21, 2013 at 8:16:50 pm

HI Lee

firstly go and get the latest version of MME from the website. http://www.mme.tv . MC 6.5.1x made major changes to the AAF relinking in MC 6.5.1 and upwards. So get the latest we have a fix for this and maintain the legacy to.
Secondly do not check the AMA box it only exists for a specific condition of where a Qtime movie has no actual physical timecode track , so the Avid just makes one up . This checkbox emulates that condition to keep the Avid happy . With the new relinking changes in the newer MC and Symphony might not be needed in the future but there for legacy systems of which there are many. Another gotcha , unless you understand it is to turn off the SPAN CLIPS automatically preference in the import prefs this is for P2 and XDcam clips linking via AMA. I guess you understand that the way the Avid works with AMA is that the Project has to have "seen" the card to auto relink the AMA media as it lives outside of the normal AvidMediaFiles>mxf?1 structures. Give it a shot and let me know how you get on

Kevin Duggan
CatDV/MME

Return to posts index

Lee Warner
on Jan 21, 2013 at 8:55:58 pm

Kevin,

Thanks for the quick response. I was using the latest version of MME when I was getting the failures. Here's my workflow.
- Camera card (all folders) is copied into a watchfolder on media server and Worker moves the folders/files as is to a permanent location on server as well as creating a CatDV catalog.
- In/Outs are placed on selected clips in CatDV which are then used to create a sequence.
- Sequence is sent to MME and then MME AAF is dragged into a bin in Avid
- Error appears (screen cap in earlier post)
- I volume mount the original camera card from media server via networked drive and load it into a seperate bin.
- I select AAF sequence and try to relink. 6.5.2 relink options are slightly different than v6 but no matter what options I choose, relink fails.
- I've also tried relinking the footage clips only with no success.

Not sure what to do next.

Return to posts index

Kevin Duggan
on Jan 21, 2013 at 9:02:57 pm

HI Lee.

so the latest MME is available here. https://www.mme.tv/download.html.
its only been up a few days which is why I am pushing this point . Could you give me the version number you are running. just so we know we are all on the same page . And this is P2 right?

thanks

Kevin Duggan
CatDV/MME

Return to posts index

Lee Warner
on Jan 21, 2013 at 9:17:23 pm

Kevin,

I had checked the MME site just before this round of testing and yes I am using 1.1.0.

This current test is using XDCAM 35mb/s.

Return to posts index

Kevin Duggan
on Jan 21, 2013 at 10:06:33 pm

HI Lee.
some mysteries here I can relink happily to XDCam 35mbs from an instance of an XDCAM disk.
by clicking through the warning and stuff just relinks . Here are my settings for relinking

Are you bringing in XDCAM in a BPAV strucure?

Kevin Duggan
CatDV/MME

Return to posts index

Kevin Duggan
on Jan 21, 2013 at 10:07:48 pm

Kevin Duggan
CatDV/MME

Return to posts index

Kevin Duggan
on Jan 21, 2013 at 10:11:23 pm

Finally if you click on the MME Green button for your compiled AFF and send it to support@squareboxmedia.co.uk this will greatly assist in trouble shooting and should be your first step as it will get added to the ticketing system as opposed to catching me just browsing the COW

Kevin Duggan
CatDV/MME

Return to posts index

Kevin Duggan
on Jan 21, 2013 at 10:43:10 pm

HI Lee ..
its getting late here and re-reading my last post I was not that clear ...

sorry about any confusion

Kevin Duggan
CatDV/MME

Return to posts index

Lee Warner
on Jan 22, 2013 at 3:03:56 pm

Camera cards shot with the Canon C300 work! AAFs created with MME relinked in Avid with no problems. These were brought through the CatDV watchfolder the same way as the XDCAM EX footage which don't work.

Return to posts index

Kevin Duggan
on Jan 22, 2013 at 3:06:36 pm

HI Lee

Thanks for the log files we are having a look at it , as I mentioned lot of changes in the recent Avids , thanks for your patience. AMA is always tricky as the Avid is so "Picky" one thing out of line and no relink

Kevin Duggan
CatDV/MME

Return to posts index

Kevin Duggan
on Jan 24, 2013 at 6:12:52 am

Hi Lee
quick update , have identified bug in Catdv XML describing the BPAV structures which is also giving rise to the CM_label issues in other places and the fact that your C300 audio is missing in action

.So making progress. L-)

Kevin Duggan
CatDV/MME

Return to posts index

Lee Warner
on Jan 24, 2013 at 4:29:37 pm

Thanks for looking into the issue so quickly. Please let me know via the email I used with the log file as to when the patch is available.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]