FORUMS: list search recent posts

How can I make an EVENT MARKER Search through catalogs?

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carla Vidal
How can I make an EVENT MARKER Search through catalogs?
on Jan 18, 2013 at 1:40:20 pm

is it possible? I can't find the way to do it... thank you!!

Carla

Return to posts index

Brad Starkey
Re: How can I make an EVENT MARKER Search through catalogs?
on Jan 18, 2013 at 4:43:01 pm

Do an advanced query. In the clip property switch it to Event Markers. That should do it.

Return to posts index

bryson jones
on Jan 18, 2013 at 9:48:38 pm

Good one Brad. ;)

The thing is, remember that CatDV is an Asset Management system so it will return lists of assets, not markers.

There is no marker search capability that will return a list of markers that match the value.

However, you can quickly look inside the clip and see what the markers are.

This is why metadata schema design and workflow are so important in setting up a system. If you have to search for something constantly, make sure it's in a clip specific field or that your media is divided up in a way that makes locating these areas possible.

In the end, I might add, don't overthink it. If you're coming from no DAM at all, just finding the clip is pretty amazing. If it's something that important, perhaps it should be a subclip or some other division of the clip?

As Mr. Duggan taught me long ago in the swamps of Dagobah, it's often the way you lay out your data as much as the tool that makes a workflow possible.

bryson

bryson "at" northshoreautomation.com

northshoreautomation.com

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
on Jan 29, 2013 at 8:33:06 pm

It's true that the results of a seach will be the clips that match the query term, but CatDV remembers the last search phrase you looked for. If you bring up an HTML clip summary view it will highlight all occurrences of that term, including within event markers.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]