FORUMS: list search recent posts

Verbatim Logger Error

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nicholas Clausen
Verbatim Logger Error
on Jan 17, 2013 at 4:52:53 pm

Hi All,

One of our client computers is having an issue with the Verbatim Logger. See attached photo. Problem is, some catalogs work fine, and some don't. We can play proxy media fine in the regular viewer, but when switching to verbatim logger, we can't scroll or play. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Nick

Return to posts index

Jeff Schaap
Re: Verbatim Logger Error
on Jan 22, 2013 at 4:05:55 pm

I can tell you what we've run into... but I don't know if it is your problem for sure. I see that the "movie" and "proxy" tabs are active in your screenshot so I am assuming that the clips you are logging have proxies.

Could it be that your clips that your original clips won't play in the "regular" browser? I ask because we have to generate proxies for our .MTS (AVCHD) files because they won't play in CatDV. When we do, the PROXIES will play in the regular viewer but the originals (under the "movie" tab) will not. The problem is that Verbatim Logger ALWAYS plays the original file and not the proxy... (something they need to fix). So if you have original files that don't play in the regular viewer you have a problem when you try to use Verbatim Logger even if you have proxies generated.

I've linked my catalog entries to my proxies before just so I could log the clips and then switched it back when I was done. That's one way to skin the cat if this is the problem you are actually facing.

Jeff Schaap

Return to posts index

Rolf Howarth
on Jan 29, 2013 at 8:29:49 pm

Hi, I don't recognise that error. UnsupportedOperationException sounds like an internal software error of some kind.

If you get any strange errors like that please send a copy of your CatDV Error Log (accessible via the Help menu) to support@squarebox.com. We're usually quite keen to stamp on them as quickly as possible! (Also, check http://www.squarebox.com/download1.html to see if you're using the latest version in case it's a known problem that's already been fixed.)

Return to posts index

Nick Clausen
on Feb 12, 2013 at 9:06:50 pm

Turned out I had to turn on the "Force (prefer over original)" setting in Proxies., now verbatim works fine.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]