FORUMS: list search recent posts

QT extended metadata export/insert

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Heagy
QT extended metadata export/insert
on Dec 24, 2012 at 8:11:43 pm

I recently learned that FCPX has great support for QT extended metadata entries including custom entries.

An example is ArriReel, among others, embedded in Arri created ProRes files. FCPX will read this and map it to the Arri Reel in FCPX.

The generic "Reel" field in FCPX is no longer mapped from the timecode track like in FCP7 but reads the extended metadata field com.apple.proapps.reel. I've asked Apple to read the original FCP7 TC entry and map that to a TCSource field which is what it's called in the QT API.

Going forward it makes sense to migrate to this new metadata format and thankfully CatDV has always read any com.xxx... entries.

What I'd like to suggest is the ability to include embedded com.xxx metadata into exported .mov files and if possible insert it into existing files.

Digital Rebellion's QT Edit has the ability to create and insert com.xxx entries into QT files. I think it would be a great addition to CatDV. One could use it to populate all metadata needed into the files so when sent to FCPX it all shows up.

Thanks
John Heagy

Return to posts index

Matthew Stamos
Re: QT extended metadata export/insert
on Dec 26, 2012 at 4:14:28 pm

Yeah John that is a good call I recommend their Post Haste software all the time. They have some other clever tools as well! Any CatDV users out their should take a look as these folks!
http://www.digitalrebellion.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]