FORUMS: list search recent posts

Active Directory - cannot link up

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Handy
Active Directory - cannot link up
on Nov 26, 2012 at 11:38:55 pm

We have Active Directory set up on our system being used as a CatDV server. In the server config, you're supposed to be able to select AD users and link them to the rolls. In our case, nothing happens when I try to browse users. I get no error; it's just that the interface doesn't seem to be doing anything.

HandyGeek

Return to posts index

John Vaudin
Re: Active Directory - cannot link up
on Nov 27, 2012 at 9:23:32 am

Sounds wrong. Could you send us an email to support@squarebox.com attaching the CatDV Control Panel log file just after you've tried to browse the LDAP repository, so we can see if there are any errors being generated behind the scenes. The log file is in C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Square Box\Logs\CatDV Control Panel Launch Log.txt. Be aware that AppData is a hidden folder (great idea there Microsoft..)
Thanks
Square Box Support

Return to posts index

Jeff Handy
on Nov 27, 2012 at 4:16:25 pm

Using a Mac server, but I'll send the info. Thanks.

HandyGeek

Return to posts index

John Vaudin
on Nov 27, 2012 at 4:22:59 pm

Just to clarify - you're saying CatDV Server is running on a Mac, but talking to Active Directory on some other Windows Server? Or do you mean the Mac is using Apple's OpenDirectory - which isn't currently officially supported by CatDV's LDAP integration.

Return to posts index

Jeff Handy
on Nov 27, 2012 at 4:28:29 pm

Sorry, yes, CatDV Server is on a Mac Xserve. AD is on a separate Windows system. Open Directory is not being used and is not activated in the server admin panel.

HandyGeek

Return to posts index

John Vaudin
on Nov 27, 2012 at 11:18:25 am

Could you send a request to support at squarebox dot com, and we will look into this. Thank you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]